_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
SAS PinkPanther
Buccaneer
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 12:26 PM UTC
This is my 35 scale Tamiya LandRover "PinkPanther". I started this build last year but lost interest since I couldn't find reference pics of it and I'm more of an airplane nut. A few weeks ago I decided to pick it up and end its days in a box. I didn't like the only over-all pink photo I dug up so I took the liberty to add life to it.

I didn't include all the stowage parts so as to keep the distinctive Landy profile and badge visible. I also didn't have the right firearms so I just used a Thompson and Garand but will replace them soon as I know what was appropriate.
This build has gotten me LandRover bitten and I already have the HBoss and a Legend stowage set ready. Need someone to point me in the right directions.
Thanks all!
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 02:18 PM UTC
The color looks very nice. I believe that the appropriate color is very close to MM Skine Tone. How did you come up with green for weathering? Shouldn't this kit reflect a more desert feel? The fire extinguisher really pops. It brings into sharp contrast the overall flat tone of the vehicle. As for the weapons, I got this from http://whitney05.hubpages.com/hub/World_War_2_Weapons
Pistols and Handguns:

•Enfield Revolver No. 2 MK.1
•Webley Mk.VI (.455) & Mk.IV (.38/200)
•Smith & Wesson "Victory"
•Browning FN-Inglis No. 2 Mk.1 Pistol
•Colt M1911/A1

Rifles:

•Lee Enfield SMLE's
•Pattern 14 (P14) "No. 3"

Machine Guns:

•Bren Ligh Machine Gun
•Lewis Light Machine Gun
•Vickers Medium Machine Gun

Submachine Guns:

•Sten
•Lanchester
•Thompson M1928, M1928/A1, M1, M1A1

Anti-Tank Weapons:

•PIAT (Projector, Infantry, Anti-Tank)
•Rifle, Anti-Tank, .55 in, Boys

Flamethrowers:

•No. II Mk.II Flamethrower "Lifebuoy"

Grenade:

•No. 36M Mk.I (Fragmentation Hand/Rifle Grenade; "Mills Bomb")
•Grenade, Rifle No. 68 AT- HEAT anti-tank rifle grenade
•No. 69 Mk.I Bakelite Concussion Hand Grenade
•No. 73 Anti-tank hand grenade "Thermos Grenade"
•No. 74 ST Grenade "Sticky Bomb"- anti-tank hand grenade
•No. 75 Anti-tank Hand Grenade "Hawkins Grenade"/ "Hawkins Mine"
•No. 76 Special Incendiary Phosphorus Hand Grenade
•No. 77 White Phosphorus Hand Grenade
•No. 82 Anti-tank Hand Grenade "Gammon Grenade/ Bomb"
MartynSmith
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 71 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 02:31 PM UTC
Hi Tim

I like how you've portayed this vehicle and its a great paint job. Just two points initially the water cans would be strapped on and the radio aerial was I think part of the radio and not fixed onto the fuel tanks. See these pictures http://www.adrianstomcat.co.uk/PinkPanthers.htm

'Pink Panther' Land Rovers of this type ( series II 109's) were operated by SAS Mobility Troop between the late 60s up until the mid-80s so the weapons need to be appropriate for those eras not the ones suggested by Matt ( sorry Matt). Those would be L1A1 SLR's, Sterling SMG's, early type M16's/Armalite, L4A4 LMG, the GPMG's supplied. Possibly Heckler Koch G3's

Martyn

_GOTOTOP