1/35 Bushmaster PMV (Yes, the SMA one!)
Adamskii
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 537 posts
Armorama: 474 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 02:34 PM UTC
Wish I had mine, apparently posted on Monday- a week from melb to Adelaide
Still not here... Pulling hair out here!! Hopefully this Monday . Goog luck with yours, I'm going to do the raaf one I think.
QOTD123
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 35 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 02:48 PM UTC
Australia post takes there time....I waited 6 weeks for package from Brisbane once......
I found with the ride height, you put the little pins in, then the suspension and you are able to adjust the wheels so they sit flat, then glue......I haven't built it yet but when you all get yours, you will see what I mean....
QOTD123
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 02:53 PM UTC
Also when your gluing the tyres to the hub, be a bit patient with it. The revel glue in the bottle with the needle is good, just hold it in place for a bit and they will glue nicely
jashby
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 248 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 02:17 AM UTC
Hi Sam,

Hows your Bushie doing? I hope we haven't scared you off as I'm interested in how your kit goes together.
Ordered mine today so hopefully it'll be here by Friday.
Cheers, John
QOTD123
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 12:07 PM UTC
I hope I didn't upset him.....
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,728 posts
Armorama: 1,629 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 12:26 PM UTC
Posts by Sam on his own blog thread: 9
Posts by you: 19
Why would he be upset

Jim
Adamskii
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 12:49 PM UTC
guess you better start your own bushy thread...lol.. let him hijack yours )

adz
sam_dwyer
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 294 posts
Armorama: 291 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 12:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I hope I didn't upset him.....

Hi Folks,

no offence taken - I've not been able to log in for a week or so, and can only seem to log in on my work PC.

Post away, its all good.

BTW the kit is still a pig. Gratifying to see that Adam is having trouble with the etch armour in the inside, im not the only one there!

Sam
Adamskii
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 12:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

BTW the kit is still a pig. Gratifying to see that Adam is having trouble with the etch armour in the inside, im not the only one there!

Sam

pig. yes. all we have . yes. torn between promoting the kit and ripping into it a bit more critically. yes

frustrated.. yes

excited.. yes

impatient to hear from ACM - definitely!

Adam

sam_dwyer
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 02:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

impatient to hear from ACM - definitely!

Adam

Stress not, im sure something will manifest itself soon

Sam
Removed by original poster on 10/20/11 - 02:18:48 (GMT).
QOTD123
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 03:18 PM UTC
No worries.....I have had no problems at all putting together my kit, followed the instructions and my ride height is good and didn't need to cut back any PE...

I haven't hijacked anyone's thread....just though you would like to hear from someone who actually used the vehicle and who's vehicle is one of the decal options in this kit.....
Fine, I will keep my comments, knowledge and photos to myself......
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,728 posts
Armorama: 1,629 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 03:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Fine, I will keep my comments, knowledge and photos to myself....

Whoa, no need to get all defensive, just a matter of 'netiquette' not to clutter up someone else's blog (this is MY opinion only of course - your mileage may vary!) . Yes, you are a definite asset when it comes to first hand knowledge and insight, which is why it is important to stick around and maybe start your own thread/blog about your experiences with the kit and the real deal, with perhaps real reference photos thrown in to illustrate your points. I look forward to all discussions on the kit as I've got two on the way - as soon as my registration with SMA gets sorted!

Jim
QOTD123
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 03:45 PM UTC
Enjoy building your bushmasters, It's a great little kit and I am really happy with the way mine is coming togetherI

I will get out of your way and let Sam continue with his build......

Good luck and enjoy
warreni
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Armorama: 712 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 04:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Enjoy building your bushmasters, It's a great little kit and I am really happy with the way mine is coming togetherI

I will get out of your way and let Sam continue with his build......

Good luck and enjoy

Jim doesn't speak for all of us mate. Please keep the helpful info coming. I have a Bushy on the way and any help is all gold. I passed a few on the road the other day and they are huge devices!
QOTD123
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 06:48 PM UTC
Ok I'm going to say one more thing.....I don't see this as a "pig" of a kit....in my humble opinion the suspension is not overly complicated, it is very well detailed....honestly if it was less detailed people would whinge it's too simple and not accurate....it goes together well, just a little patience is required, going by my photos the underneath is accurate, and a little patience is required....I mean look at a dragon panther...How many bits are there for one wheel and suspension station?????
I reckon we should all just appreciate the fact that there is a bushmaster kit out there.....
Adamskii
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 07:16 PM UTC
Hows the build coming Sam ? quick out of the blocks but slowed up a bit...

Some good news for you (and your subscribers) I spoke with SMA and it was revealed that those who got their kits from the first shipment (approx 120 I think) have the kits with the part A1 ,moulded with the missing wings. The good news is he said he has the replacement sprues so if you make contact with him he can supply the part in whole. The rest of the kits, will have that part in place.

So for those who missed the first batch to be released - at least your kits will have the complete part!

Full credit to SMA (John X especially) for providing that customer service.

So come on Sam give us a weekly update mate!

Adam
sam_dwyer
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 07:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hows the build coming Sam ? quick out of the blocks but slowed up a bit...

Some good news for you (and your subscribers) I spoke with SMA and it was revealed that those who got their kits from the first shipment (approx 120 I think) have the kits with the part A1 ,moulded with the missing wings. The good news is he said he has the replacement sprues so if you make contact with him he can supply the part in whole. The rest of the kits, will have that part in place.

So for those who missed the first batch to be released - at least your kits will have the complete part!

Full credit to SMA (John X especially) for providing that customer service.

So come on Sam give us a weekly update mate!

Adam

Would have been nice to have them shipped correctly in the first place!

Mine, well here's my weekly update.
Worked on various projects for publication - Nagmachot, Jagdpanzer IV L/70(A) and also a group build model over at www.schwerpunkt.com.au (Jagdtiger)

On top of this, worked 50+ hours and hung out with my 9 year old twins.

As for the Bushmaster, well its back in its box. What started out as an OOTB build, well it won't end that way. Every time i look at something on the kit, i find something that I think I want to change, or improve, or detail. So when I can summon the energy to get back into it, i'll get back into it.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion about the kit, and mine remains that its a bit of a pig. Hasn't stopped me from buying 5 direct off SMA, and one from Hobby Easy. Its great to have a model of a locally produced and used vehicle, but that won't stop me from voicing my opinion on it.

Anywho, back to the models.
QOTD123
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 08:02 PM UTC
Can someone please tell me chow to start a blog on the is site....I want to do one on my own build of this kit with photos of the the kit and references.....I am by no means a professional modeler, but I think I can help those who just want build this kit as is.....I will be adding some after market detail to build this kit as my bushmaster....the only after market stuff I will use is the stuff that is available to get this kit as my own bushmaster with the radios etc...

I am not a rivet counter but I hope to use some after market stuff for radios,MRE...etc
Adamskii
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 09:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Can someone please tell me chow to start a blog on the is site....I want to do one on my own build of this kit with photos of the the kit and references.....I am by no means a professional modeler, but I think I can help those who just want build this kit as is.....I will be adding some after market detail to build this kit as my bushmaster....the only after market stuff I will use is the stuff that is available to get this kit as my own bushmaster with the radios etc...

I am not a rivet counter but I hope to use some after market stuff for radios,MRE...etc

to start a new topic - log in , and then go to the following link (assuming its a modern armour topic)

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewforum&forum_id=5&g_id=62&page=1

Then as in the pic below, click new topic (circled in red)

the next window is all the data fields for describing the topic - from the drop menus select modern armor for association or group,
select english of course,
subscribe to get your emails (lets you know when someone posts in your blog), and if its a build log, check that too, so peopl esee the little gear symbol in the menus and know its a step by step, if not a build log it is a discussion forum and anything goes..
be sure the title makes sense .. bad ones are like "need help with this" or I have an idea" .. so advertise your blog title goodly.

in the big box put your first text, such as introducing the blog and what its scope might be etc.. (perhaps introduce yourself )

when its all done click yes at the bottom and it will be posted - you now have your blog!

Hope that helps --

Sam will be back to comment further but I can smell a crappy nappy somewhere needs changing... (twins ! wow I only have one and its a handful!)

Adz
QOTD123
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 05:55 PM UTC
Thanks for that.....now how do I upload pics??????
JoeyKast44
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 144 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 09:42 AM UTC
Hardest model I have ever built.
 _GOTOTOP