_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Masterbox. Their Latest W.i.P.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 08:36 PM UTC
The last year has seen a veritable 'gridlock' from a number of manufacturers of light vehicles - particularly staff cars. Good as this has undoubtedly been, there's still a real need for passengers and drivers. Now, Masterbox have mailed us images of their latest 1/35th Scale Works-in-Progress which will go along way in addressing the ''problem''.

The Report carries company-supplied images of no less than three sets which are in development.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 726 posts
Armorama: 687 posts
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2011 - 01:47 AM UTC
Wow. I really like MB35106 and I do not even model World War 2 subjects. The interaction between the figures is outstanding and it really looks like a real discussion is taking place concerning where they are located rather than the normal German Soldier holding a map pointing in a direction off the base of the diorama and perhaps another German Soldier looking in the direction where the first one is pointing. The posing of the driver looking back and his involvement in the conversation is good as well.
I really think MasterBox has a winner with this kit and the other for filling a void of passengers and crews for the latest trend of staff vehicles being released on the market.
I am sure part of the reason why we are seeing these kits is that MasterBox is one of those companies where they listen to what modelers are looking for in kits and then take those suggestions and create something that fits the situation and tells a story for the kit's inclusion in a diorama. Great work MasterBox!

Cheers.
James
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 08:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I am sure part of the reason why we are seeing these kits is that MasterBox is one of those companies where they listen to what modelers are looking for in kits and then take those suggestions and create something that fits the situation and tells a story for the kit's inclusion in a diorama.

Pretty reasonable couple of points actually. To this i'd add that Masterbox isn't frightened to try different approaches to established subjects. What is pretty pitiful actually, is that until Masterbox (and MiniArt) came along, the 'majors' were still continuing along the same tired path. C'mon, it hasn't been beyond the capabilities of a company like DML (with their tecjnical brilliance) to produce drivers & passengers? Or has it?
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 11:23 PM UTC
Interesting looking kit. I'd agree it is refreshing and long over due that companies do vehicle figuers for their kits. Both Master Box and MiniArt seem to have got this well in hand and it makes the vehcile kits themselves much more attractive and value for money.

Tamiya always did this and it is a good move as they figuers can be sold separately as well.

It is alwasy good to see more softskin options coming along even if it's not my particular genre, they do look themping!

Al
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 02:02 AM UTC
Nice looking figures, and I like the interaction between them.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 02:11 AM UTC
I am sure that with all the cars hitting the shelves this will sell well and these could be used in a number of other vehicles requiring seated figures.
 _GOTOTOP