_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Finished Tamiya Willys Jeep
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
Armorama: 1,512 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 11:20 AM UTC
Hello everyone.

Just finished this one for the softskins campaign, and thought I'd post it here for everyones review. This post is a bit photo heavy, but I feel they are worth it.

Comments are always welcome.

and yes, I know the rear view mirror is missing, and I left the hole because I will find a replacement for it someday, which is why I left the hole open... (the mirror broke into 3 pieces when I tried cutting it from the spruce and part went to the carpet monster.)

I'm very happy with how the tools came out. This is prob the best I've ever done on them..

Also this is some of my best stowage. The canvas bits are verlinden the lettering is a combination of hudson & allen decals and some dry transfers. The cardboard boxes were made from printed paper card stock weathered a bit.

a close up view of my scratch build strap that holds in the resin jerry can I added. not the best, but not bad for me. and another view of the stowage.

and this on is prob a bit silly, but I spent quite a bit of time on the tires and wheels trying to get them just right... so here is a closeup.. LOL

Thanks for looking.

Delbert

SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 11:46 AM UTC
Looks great. Nice job.
Battleship_Al
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 133 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 07:56 AM UTC
Looks nice. Those ration boxes look great. I love what you did with the shovel blade. Looks like it's been used a few times. I would have gone with a bit more dirt and dust on the lower parts, especially the wheels but that's just me. I love driving my truck in the dirt and mud and it gets caked on pretty good.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 08:39 AM UTC
Hi Delbert. Nice little jeep. The addition of the stowage adds so much interest to the model .... adds life and some colour contrast. Well done.
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 953 posts
Armorama: 705 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 12:32 PM UTC
Good work Delbert....
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 02:56 PM UTC
Looks great Delbert, the personal touches you added really set it off. Excellent work on that little guy
 _GOTOTOP