_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
1/35 Tamiya Marder III
thewrongguy
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 448 posts
Armorama: 306 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 08:10 AM UTC
Hello all.

Here is a Tamiya Marder III I've been working on for the Total Tamiya campaign. I'm glad to have finished it because it was the last model I purchased before I quit modeling 10 years ago and the only one that avoided being eBayed.

IMG_1741" BORDER="0">
IMG_1743" BORDER="0">

It's the 1st model I've finished that I'm fairly happy with overall (3rd since I've started again). I wish I had been able to get better pictures, but until I get a zoom or macro lens these are about as good as they'll get. The muffler looks much more orange in the photo then it does in person.

I'm also working on a small base which isn't complete. My father-in-law is a big model railroader/airplane modeler and over the holidays I'm going to ask him for some advice on improving the ground work.

IMG_1747" BORDER="0">
IMG_1745" BORDER="0">

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Cheers, and happy holidays.

Jeff
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 08:57 AM UTC
very nice dio,the light chipping and weathering came out great
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 09:00 AM UTC
Good model Jeff. I had a look at it earlier on the campaign thread. My only comment would be that everything is much the same colour- you could add maybe an aerial recogntion flag for contrast
thewrongguy
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 448 posts
Armorama: 306 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 09:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Good model Jeff. I had a look at it earlier on the campaign thread. My only comment would be that everything is much the same colour- you could add maybe an aerial recogntion flag for contrast

Thanks for the suggestion, a splash of colour would certainly help. I wish my spares box had a little more depth so I could add some more litter more along lines with this photo. I also wish I would have spent the money on indy tracks.

WW2 ABANDONED GERMAN TANK WESTERN DESERT" BORDER="0">
Big-John
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 731 posts
Armorama: 711 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 09:58 AM UTC
Hi Jeff.

This really looks excellent!! I'm really digging the finish.

Take a look at the photo you posted of the real one. There is your anwser to the ground work. Sand, rocks, and some vegitation.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing this with us.

_GOTOTOP