_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tuna Boat
Lateral-G
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 96 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 02:26 AM UTC
I had posted some pics previously but i didn't think they were all that great so here are some recent pics I took with better lighting.

Tamiya's UGWS AAVP7A, built OOB.....

jeff
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 02:43 AM UTC
Nice and clean build Jeff.
You could consider adding the glasses to the empty vision blocks on the turret and the vehicle commander station and having the upper tracks resting on the roadwheels. I know these are rubber band ones but it is possible to do this by either gluing them or fixing a bit of pin in the hull.
I also suggest you paint the padding inside the hatch another color than white.

Olivier
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 05:11 AM UTC
Agreed, nice clean build. The construction is very good, overall the finish is good.
My trick for getting rubber band tracks down is with a small wire loop on a few road wheels. Lace the wire up from below and thread it just around the axle of a road wheel so it's hidden by the wheel. Up and over and twist below the bottom track.

My critique is the lower part of the bow. The dark stain below the round drain on the front left tells me that it's been driven through the water quite a bit. That doesn't match the weathering on the bottom front, I personally would have added some more water staining.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 07:07 AM UTC
Overall, it looks realy good. A few tweaks and it will be even better. In addition to what the others have said, the tail lights are off as well. Only the left side, upper oval should be red. The lower left and both upper and lower on the right should have small black slits as part of the blackout drive light system.

slayer
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 96 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 - 07:36 AM UTC
Looks good Lat-G. I love the tamiya kit. Dont get me wrong Hobbyboss did a good job, but if tamiya would have put there aav out with interior and the different variations like Hobboyboss. they would have destroyed Hobbyboss. My opinion.

Yat-Yas
ryally
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 879 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 - 02:07 PM UTC

Very nice build mate, I love seeing these built up. I have about five different types of this kit and haven't built any...well done.

Your photos look great
http://www.brisbanemodelbuilder.com/
wingman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
Armorama: 209 posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 - 02:41 PM UTC
Very cool. Love the look of this vehicle. Wingman out.
 _GOTOTOP