_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tamiya T-34/76 1/35th Scale
Rampenfest
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 11:31 AM UTC
Hi all,

This was my first Russian armor build I have ever built. My goal was to depict a heavily-used/ rusty and dirty battle-worn T-34 on the Eastern Front. I scratch built the engine vents, tow cables, and the log tie-downs. I made the logs from two twigs from a bush in my backyard. Sadly, halfway through my build I lost the rearmost wheel (the small one which I think is the idler wheel) so I replaced it with a rear drive wheel from an old Stug IV model. I know this is probably incorrect, but I know that the Russians sometimes attached Panther wheels to their tanks, so I assumed/created an event where they took the idler wheel. If you have any questions about what I did for such and such effect, please ask. And ANY and ALL comments and constructive criticism and tips are welcome. Thank you for taking the time to read this and look at my photos. I will try to post more photos of it out in the sunlight tomorrow.

PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO MAKE THEM BIGGER.

-Joe

P.S. I do realize that the tread connections are visible, but I will be putting this in a diorama where the dirt/grass will cover them up.

210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 01:15 PM UTC
Joe--I am not a Russian tank builder, but I think your work is superb and the chipping is eye catching.
Good job
DJ
Rampenfest
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 03:09 PM UTC
Thank you
 _GOTOTOP