_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Small Scale
Dioramas of subjects smallers than 1/32 scale.
Hosted by Darren Baker
My second diorama, wanted to make it WWI
dpeterso
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 30 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 08:33 PM UTC
So I was tinkering around with an old Mark I tank that I painted when I was a kid. Unfortunately I beat it up a bit to make it look "weathered" and "battleworn" so it suffers a bit from that.

However, I love the entire concept of WWI dioramas, and I have always wanted to create one. There seems to be so few that I figured I might as well try my hand at it, by using this old tank, some spare modeling pieces, and good ol' fashion creativity, this was my result.

Well here it is. I am unsure of any title to bestow upon it, so I might take some suggestions. And as usual, any criticism or techniques to improve upon would be wonderful.

Rampenfest
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 - 04:16 AM UTC
I like it a lot and it is always fun and interesting to see something different like this. I think you did a great job as well. Congrats.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 - 04:40 AM UTC
Not bad at all for recovering an older build. You've tied it in well with your new diorama, and your diorama fundamentals are quite excellent. Have you posted your first diorama here or anywhere else online?
dpeterso
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 30 posts
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 - 11:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Not bad at all for recovering an older build. You've tied it in well with your new diorama, and your diorama fundamentals are quite excellent. Have you posted your first diorama here or anywhere else online?

Thank you first of all.

I did post my other diorama on this forum, but I forgot to add the in the title that it was my first diorama.

Anyways, if you want to see the post, here it is: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/187392&page=1

Or you can check out better pictures I posted in my gallery:
http://imgur.com/a/xx9gb#0
SovietBoy22
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 - 09:21 AM UTC
Very Nice, wish there was more WW1 dios
Thanks for sharing.
Euan
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 - 04:22 PM UTC
Hi Dane,

Nice work, looks great. Just one observation, the mud on the tracks looks a bit red compared to the colour of the earth. I like the tangle of wire caught up in the tracks.

A fine job.

Al
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 12:39 AM UTC
Nice little scene Dane. You captured it very well.

Quoted Text

any criticism or techniques to improve upon would be wonderful.

Personally I think the base may be a bit too big for the scene ... theres a lot of empty space beside the tank on the front left of the figures. A smaller base with the figures placed tighter would have helped increase the action effect. The long trench with only two figures looks a bit empty, in my opinion. Shows how important planning is when creating a scene.

_GOTOTOP