_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Trumpeter ASU-85 m1956
BigSmitty
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 597 posts
Armorama: 439 posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 - 04:32 PM UTC
Hello all.

Building my first Russian armor piece (well, second, but my T-34/76 is on hold awaiting new indy tracks) and I have a question about the road wheels on Trumpy's kit.

The "ridges" that run from the center of the wheel outwards and around to the inside of the wheel... are they supposed to be there? I read Jacques' build review and he doesn't mention anything about it, and I didn't pay close enough attention at our meeting earlier in the month when I was looking the kit over before buying one.

This is what I'm talking about:

The ridges seem too symmetrical to be mold lines. I don't see them in the instructions, box art or the color painting guide.

A little help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 - 04:40 PM UTC
Looks like there is similar lines on the tyes of the real deal, but these moulded lines appear way over scale. Maybe sand them back a bit?
BigSmitty
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 597 posts
Armorama: 439 posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 - 04:48 PM UTC
Thanks for the quick reply Frank...

I'll probably hit them with a sanding stick real quick to make them a bit smaller. The mold separation lines are extremely thick on the tires as well, which makes the job that much more delicate, to be nice.

CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 - 05:46 PM UTC
The lines on the contact faces would be skuffed out very quickly I suspect and the side details would degenerate from the outer face towards the inner.
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 - 07:44 PM UTC
Well,it looks quite close to the original detail, as told before sand them a bit could be enough

Maybe the worst flaw is the large gap between the hinner rim and the external ring and probably the rubber roll is broader
 _GOTOTOP