_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Trumpeter T-64
CajunTanker
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 03:42 PM UTC
Hello All-I'm new to these forums / website. Glad to see there are such places for a wealth of model Armor / APC / Vehicle subjects. I was an M60A3 & M1 Abrams Tanker during my Army years. Ended up transferring to the USAF to get my retirement.
Anyway, I was curious if Trumpeter is coming out with a 1/35 scale T-64? I keep hearing rumors about this but nothing concrete. I have the SKIF T-64 which is a nice kit, especially with the after market stuff out there for it. I just got the Trumpeter 1/32 scale ASU-85 and it looks nice but I haven't started building it yet. I also got the 1/35 scale Trumpeter Mil-24 Hind (BIG Frigg'n Kit!). I plan on doing a 1/35 scale diorama w/ the Hind, Troops / Crews, an SA-2 and other Soviet Armor & vehicles. The kicker is finding the room to display it-LOL!
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 06:04 PM UTC
Welcome to the site

Trumpeter is about to distribute two T-64 kits. They've already announced these kits on their new catalogue and they've already presented them during the 2011 Tokyo-hobby-show

However some testshots of the sprues have been already shown

http://ipmsphilippines.com/test-shots/trumpeter-135-t-64/

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/182750

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/176726&ord=&page=1

I've been waiting for this kit for ages. Me too I have a T-64 Skif in my stash but unfortunately, using that kit a lot of work would be needful to have a decent depiction. Now I hope that Trupeter will make their T-64 with singular track links and good details

cheers
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 - 06:20 AM UTC
As a hobby shop owner I get the release sheets as to what is coming out from Trumpeter (among other manufacturers) and while the T-64s are supposed to be on their way, it looks like it won't be until summer, as I have all of the release sheets from now until June, and unless Trumpeter decides to surprise us with the T-64s (something they aren't fond of doing) it will be July or later before they are on the market in North America.
ComradeMP
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 472 posts
Armorama: 453 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 - 10:38 AM UTC
Yeah, the Skif T-64 is rough and soft on detail. Just need some paint on mine to finish it. Though I will be getting the T-64B, though I wish they'd of done the BV.

On another note, I got a catalog in my E-75 Flakpanzer kit and looking through it it had the BTR-70 (Early) and BTR-80 listed. Looking forward to those, the quality and detail on my BTR-60PB is outstanding.
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 - 10:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...and unless Trumpeter decides to surprise us with the T-64s (something they aren't fond of doing) it will be July or later before they are on the market in North America.

And that it means that it will be available in Europe only in September... I hoped it would be on sale far earlier
 _GOTOTOP