_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
New 1/35 Merkava 3D!
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 - 05:54 AM UTC
Guys, just announced today on IDF in scale, Meng Models, in cooperation with Desert Eagle Publishing, will be releasing a Merkava Mk. 3D Early in 1/35 scale. Here is a link to the announcement, it's on the bottom of page 4 of the thread.

http://www.idf-in-scale.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2809&start=30

Cheers,
Mike
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 - 06:04 AM UTC
I honestly hate teases, I hope they show us more soon. Knowing Meng, they should do a great job on this one. Thanks for the heads up Mike!
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 - 06:18 AM UTC
and available in March? Nice!
cagkancakir
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 434 posts
Armorama: 409 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 - 06:38 AM UTC
Just about thinking to order a resin conversion for the Academy kit. Great news indeed, can't wait to see..
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 - 07:21 AM UTC
Please feel free to send pity donations to me as I literally just finished acquiring the aftermarket tracks and other detail items for my Legend conversion last week. You all totally owe me!

On the other hand, since I got one with the shrunken upper hull piece, I'll just smile, buy this, and use the Legend conversion as a detail piece source where needed.

Matt
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 - 07:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Please feel free to send pity donations to me as I literally just finished acquiring the aftermarket tracks and other detail items for my Legend conversion last week. You all totally owe me!

On the other hand, since I got one with the shrunken upper hull piece, I'll just smile, buy this, and use the Legend conversion as a detail piece source where needed.

Matt

Been there done that, and I'll be doing the same Matt.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 - 09:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Matt

Been there done that, and I'll be doing the same Matt.

I wasn't going to say anything, but I totally understand what you guys are going through...
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 - 11:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Matt

Many of us have contributed to the "buy this conversion so everyone can get a new injection molded version" fund.

Thanks for doing your part!
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 - 02:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Many of us have contributed to the "buy this conversion so everyone can get a new injection molded version" fund.

Thanks for doing your part!

I live to serve! Somewhere I have a resin K1A1 from Coree as well, whose purchase immediately preceded the Academy kit, never mind the Miniarm T-90 conversion sets right before Zvezda actually released test shots after 8 years of waiting. . . Still, not having to graft the Legends set onto the Academy hull soothes the pain of a new Merkava!

Matt
vahleof
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 125 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 - 02:45 PM UTC
Me too I almost bought a resin conversion for Merkava III til I decided to finish my Merkava IV and other projects first before buying it
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,696 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 06:30 AM UTC
And I just got all the Legend, Acad and Friul pieces together.....
This post was removed.
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 674 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 10:38 PM UTC
Matt,
I have a long list of missteps: HKCW strv.122, Accurate Armor Chally2 with Bar Armor, Legend Merk4, Legend Merk3D and Miniarm t-90 (in my opinion the Tamiya Enigma is a step backwards compared to the Legend conversion, so I dont regret buying it). In spite of this I must admit that I enjoy the most complicated, mind-bending projects. Long live the AM companies
Dimitar
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 287 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 04:38 AM UTC
Any news on this one? It's almost mid-March and the only piece of photo we got is from... HobbyBoss...
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 07:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Any news on this one? It's almost mid-March and the only piece of photo we got is from... HobbyBoss...

Here is the latest from Michael Mass, posted yesterday.

Quoted Text

Havn't seen the Meng model yet, but will have a test within a few days.
There is a slight delay in their release due to fine tunning and attention to accuracy.

Boxster
KitMaker: 55 posts
Armorama: 47 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 11:57 AM UTC
I just returned to kit building earlier this month. I was thinking that I got no choice but to buy Legend conversion kits for my Academy's and than I saw this. I never even heard of Meng but by reading what you guys said, it seems good!

I hope that they will push out other versions of the MkII and Mk III's as well.

B
glock17c
Visit this Community
Jerusalem, Israel
KitMaker: 133 posts
Armorama: 130 posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 - 12:07 AM UTC
I understand the frustration of a new kit in the market, while you spent most of the wive's budget on Resin.

I know that there is a slight delay in the Meng's release due to fine tuning for improving accuracy.

Hope to see the final result, as I like this derivative aqnd its look.

Michael Mass
 _GOTOTOP