_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
ICM Ford V3000S Feedback
Losboz
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 01:00 PM UTC
This is my first post as I have just joined this excellent site. I am from the NW of England and after a 30+ year absence from modelling I have recently starting building again. After picking up a military modelling magazine in 2010 I was amazed at how styles and techniques have progressed and having more spare time I was enthusiastic to get involved again.
My main interest is with 1/35 scale WW2 German AFV's. Last year I started experimenting with the 'salt' technique and it has taken roughly 6 models before I was happy with the process. I am looking forward to using the hairspray method and getting more proficient at colour modulation but for now I am looking at improving my application and best process of applying paint, lacquer, oils and pigments etc. I have absorbed so much new info in the last 12 months that I am sure I am rushing into applying all of the techniques at once!
Apart from the strange rear wheel assembly and axle fitment, this ICM 1/35 Ford V3000S is a fantastic kit out of the box and the only thing I added was a jerry can bracket support brace on the front fender.
Nobody but me has seen any of the models I am currently creating and I would like some feedback and comments on how I am doing

Wipers, door handles & mirror not yet attached

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 09:37 PM UTC
Hi Kel,

Welcome back to the hobby and a terrific kit to introduce yourself with. I think the vehicle looks excellent, you've done a terrific job here, most certainly one to be proud of.

I don't have any complaints or suggestions, if you set out to depict a battle worn truck then you have achieved that in spades. All the elements you've used blend well together giving an excellent representation of the vehicle.

Cheers

Al
tommy1drop
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 131 posts
Armorama: 116 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 10:43 PM UTC
Excellent work Kel, the truck is amazing, i would love to see a pic of it in black and white!

The technique you have used to create a battle worn look on the truck is superb, and if you can share your technique, i for one would be grateful!

Amazing work and i am looking forward to seeing more of your kits.

Tom
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 12:17 AM UTC
Excellent model.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 12:24 AM UTC
Good to have you! That build looks awesome. I can already see that I will be learning a lot from you.
bizzychicken
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 967 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 01:56 AM UTC
Nothing Wrong with (wear) you are going! This is a Great looking Truck! Nice to be back. Cheers Geraint
Losboz
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 08:33 AM UTC
Thanks for the kind words guys, I will have to have a go at an online build soon and share my methods......and just for you Tommy

Big-John
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 731 posts
Armorama: 711 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 12:19 PM UTC
Very Nice weathering. I'd say you mastered it since your return.

Job Well done!
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 953 posts
Armorama: 705 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 12:31 PM UTC
Looks great....Well done Kel....
 _GOTOTOP