_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Now on Sale From Masterbox
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 12:48 AM UTC
Yes, it is indeed a conspiracy. The News Section works hard at giving you a sense of priority with your spending. Forget the luxuries such as household bills or food and take a look at these latest 1/35th Scale releases from Masterbox Ltd.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 04:16 AM UTC
I really like the "Charlie on the left" set. I have a couple of ideas to use them in.

Of course, the other sets are nice too.. it's just that I don't do much WWII stuff anymore.

Hisham
dobon68
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 329 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 06:13 AM UTC
I've got to agree Hisham I love the look of the 'Charlie on the left' set, they could also be used in a guntruck I reckon.
David
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 09:48 AM UTC
Totally agree with you guys.
You have to give credit to Masterbox,they continually are releasing good figures that don't empty the wallet for either interest modern or WW11.

Tom
ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 726 posts
Armorama: 687 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 12:23 PM UTC
I've known about the "Charlie on the Left" kit from its inception on the drawing board and am happy to see it getting released. This will be an excellent addition to any diorama with a M151 in it. These figures can be used for other things as well. The addition of the two Viet Cong is useful for the modeler and is a great bonus. I can see a bunch of possibilities with this figure set. Keep them coming, MasterBox!

Cheers,
James
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 03:39 AM UTC
The "Charlie on the Left" kit looks really nice. The only thing I don't like about it is the .50 cal. The .50 cal was not a common mount on the M151 jeeps. It was found that the heavy recoil cracked the frames. That is why most M151s mounted M60 MGs. An M60 gunner would be more appropriate.

They could be used in a guntruck or some other vehicle mounting a .50 cal though.
Foxtrot1
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 234 posts
Armorama: 200 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 06:20 PM UTC
I have to agree with Gino here. An M60 would have been a lot more accurate. I like the pose of the figure with the M16.

Still, a nice kit that I think I'll order as soon as it becomes available.
johncpo
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 55 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 02:00 AM UTC
As a Vietnam vet of the Naval Special Warfare Units, Boat Support Unit of SEAL Teams I can see these figures being used on the DML LSSC as a crew. The sincere approach to the DML LSSC is off somewhat as the coxswain of the boat would never wear a aircraft pilot helmet, this Masterbox set would compliment the boat as there were often three crewmembers on such a craft and we were equipped with much the same garb as seen in this kit. We did in-fact wear steel and the vests seen on Army and Marine troops as well. I might also point out that using an Academy "MA DUCE" would be much more accurate in place of any other .50cal as Academy has a good rendition. General reference photos of such a scene can be found on the following websites; www.warboats.org and www.SeafloatSolidAnchor.org. Or one can easily find a member of this elite unit of which I am a proud member for life! by asking one of us on line.
walley54
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 108 posts
Armorama: 92 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 04:34 AM UTC
Unfortunately, the figures do not come with flak vests as pictured on the box art. Makes them of limited use. If not not for the VC figures I would be canceling my orders for this set.
WalleyV
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 09:22 AM UTC
Thanks for the heads up Walley,

That seems to be the one downfall to Masterbox.The box art always depicts more than you are actually getting.I just did the check point set and as someone else pointed out,none have any black features or sun glasses.
As for the viet nam set,I was watching the Military Channel last night and it was said that most removed the vest because of the heat it held in.

Tom
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 01:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...most removed the vest because of the heat it held in.

Agreed. I think it is a more useful set w/out the flak vests. Like I said above though, I wish they had used an M60 as opposed to the M2 .50 cal. It is still a nice set though. I already have one.
walley54
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 108 posts
Armorama: 92 posts
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2012 - 02:38 AM UTC
Not disputing the quality of the kit, but I ordered it based on the figures having flak vests, for a specific project. The complaint is what is in the box is not what was on the cover, also wearing flak vests in Vietnam was far from uncommon and figures with the vests would have been just as useful
 _GOTOTOP