_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Magach again. Excuse me.
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,696 posts
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2012 - 06:43 AM UTC
Another one, can't help it. I was posting pics of this one on the IDF forum, but it's probably more appropriate to post here. Base color is a blend of rattle can MM SAC tan and green, green towards the lower areas. I then use heavy acrylic washes of greens and browns and scrub them off with a mixture of alcohol and MeanGreen. Detail painting is in progress now.
The subject is a Magach 6B, towards the end of the "Peace for Galilee" op, so I have weathered heavily. I normally don't chip or scratch IDF armor, but I thought the setting might warrant it. Forgive my departure from accuracy if it's not. Enough dribble, here's pics.

Thanks for looking! Also, I'm looking for info also. Anyone know when the practice of painting the bottom of the rear fenders black began? My references (pics) are unclear.
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 02:48 PM UTC
Bueller?
Basic weathering is started, using a heavy application of a slurry made from pastels and alcohol, then scrubbed off in areas I want cleaner. Markings will be added, then next will be a light application of the final layer of dust, probably using pigments. The constrast between base color and dirt is very high now, I hope to reduce that with the last dust application. I do want a very dirty, worn look, since I will do a base for this one that places it in Beirut, towards the end of Operation Peace for Galilee.
I have a set of AFV Club T142 tracks for this one, and I hope the have them assembled, painted and on before mid May, as I want to take this one to a show. If not, the Tamiya tracks will stay on.
Thanks for looking, comments, criticisms, etc. always welcomed.

rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 05:43 AM UTC
Still plugging along.......
Dusting done, detail painting done, working on the AFV Club tracks, with the goal of being ready for ScaleFest in May. Any and all feedback appreciated!

Thanks for looking, as always.
Edit: I can see from the pics that my hand-painted "3" is not going to work. I had doubts about those.....
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 06:43 AM UTC
Looks great Russel.
What was the base kit ? did you use an AM conversion or scratch build it?
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 - 11:19 AM UTC
Thanks, John. It's mainly Academy, some Italeri, and a little bit of scratch. I have a pic or two of it w/o paint.....this one is about half-way through the actual construction.
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 - 02:10 PM UTC
Great work !! Really impressive.

I always had a soft spot for these IDF tanks, never build one..yet.
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 06:10 AM UTC
Thanks!
They're lots of fun, so much so for me that I probably have something IDF going on at all times, plus plenty of extras in the stash. The M60 and M48 based Magachs are my favorites though.
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2012 - 11:42 AM UTC
I'm calling this one done, soon to go on a base (dio? not sure yet) but done none the less.
Pics:

Thanks fof looking, comments always welcome!
 _GOTOTOP