Eduard PE-set for Academy Stryker
tatuhe
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 11:37 PM UTC
Hello and greetings from Finland!
I have read this forum for years, but now is time to write something also.

I have both Eduards PE-sets (exterior and slat armor) for Trumpeter Stryker. Trumpeter kit was a little disappointment so I ordered Academy from Luckymodel. Letīs hope it arrives soon.

So my question is:

Have you guys used Eduard sets in Academy kit? Experiences? Guesses?

I know that Academy Stryker is a bit bigger than Trumpeter one and there are some other small differences in details, but still...

- T
tatuhe
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2012 - 11:54 PM UTC
More than 100 views and a fairly quiet atmosphere.

PanzerAlexander
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 625 posts
Armorama: 608 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 03:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

More than 100 views and a fairly quiet atmosphere.

Hi Tatu,

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately you are looking for that very specific person that has built the Academy kit using that specific Eduard PE set and this narrows your target group and the possibility to get an answer.

If I 'd make a guess based on my experience with PE I'd say that it really depends on how close the dimensions of the kits are.
It's certain that you'll be able to use details as hinges, periscopes and other stuff like that. For larger pieces like the back doors (are they part of the PE really?) it depends on how close the two kits are.

Still, you can trick the eye for example by modeling the rear doors open, if you understand what I mean.

I beleive that you'll be ok eventually, try and let us know!

P.A.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 03:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello and greetings from Finland!
I have read this forum for years, but now is time to write something also.

I have both Eduards PE-sets (exterior and slat armor) for Trumpeter Stryker. Trumpeter kit was a little disappointment so I ordered Academy from Luckymodel. Letīs hope it arrives soon.

So my question is:

Have you guys used Eduard sets in Academy kit? Experiences? Guesses?

I know that Academy Stryker is a bit bigger than Trumpeter one and there are some other small differences in details, but still...

- T

Tatu,

Firstly, welcome to Armorama. As to your question, I haven't seen anyone here try to build the Eduards' set with either the Trumpeter or Academy kit. There is a thread where there are comments about this set and you can find it HERE. I guess that fellow that had wanted to try it gave up.

While the sets look beautiful I can foresee them being a real nightmare to get right, as least in my case. There was a guy on another modelling site that used the set but on the Trumpeter version. It really isn't meant for the Academy version due to the size discrepancies. If it's any help, I did a build review of the Trumpeter Stryker back in '09 and at the end of the review are some comments about the model and the Eduard set in the discussion area. I believe that most peoples' opinion is that it is a very intimidating set with not the best instructions.

Hope this helps,
Jan
arkhunter
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 116 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 07:49 AM UTC
I built the trump stryker with the slat armor. It is pretty simple in 1/72, although I am not sure how it would fit the academy kit, because there is a slight length difference... That would be about the only concern I'd have...

Build on Armorama

HTH,
Austin
tatuhe
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 06:58 PM UTC
Thanks guys for your answers.

I actually found modeler who has used Eduard set in Academy kit. Black PE and slat armor parts are Eduard`s and rest are from E.T Models, I guess.

Stryker WIP
Stryker WIP part. 2

Unfortunately I canīt find Hyungīs completed model with slat armor, but those pictures gave me the courage to try to use Eduard sets in upcoming project.

- T
ChaosXVI
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 126 posts
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 - 03:41 AM UTC
Hello Tatu,

I've been lucky to have worked with both Eduards sets on a Trumpeter kit. Can you share with us what you encountered with the Trumpeter Stryker that forced you to abandon it and get an Academy kit instead?

Please remember the 2 Eduards' sets are for the Trumpeter kit. But with care you might be able to use them on the Academy kit too.

Here's a link to my build. I did this in 2010. I seem to have moved the images so some of them got lost. I'll upload other photos in this thread as soon as I find them.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/149556&page=1
ChaosXVI
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 126 posts
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 - 03:47 AM UTC

My issues were with the Eduards PE. The brackets that held the slat armor were just so difficult to handle I replaced them with plastic strips.

_GOTOTOP