_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Scenic Express?!?
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,083 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 11:21 AM UTC
Being brand new to the topic (and concept) of diorama building, I wonder what people's thoughts are about the incredible (to me) website for Scenic Express. I know that that site has been discussed before, and that it seems to cater primarily to railroad modelers, but I am absolutely stupefied regarding their selection of manufacturers of grasses, plants, and trees. It would seem, while expensive, the PERFECT place to buy items for use in dioramas for tanks and armored vehicles. In fact, with their incredibly extensive inventory, is there a better place to buy the kinds of products that I see there?

Trust me, I have nothing to do with that business, it's just that I know (unless someone can point to a better website/provider) that I'll be spending some money with those folks when it comes time for me to start building dioramas!!
Wags57
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 11:43 AM UTC
Curt,
You are absolutly correct. I kinda live by Scenic Express and have walked through their operation. It is incredible. The people who work there were very helpful. I use their products for both railroad and military purposes. Very creative items for a decent price when you consider what you are buying. As Curt stated, I have no affiliation with this company. I also just wanted to pass on a good resource.
--wags--
wildsgt
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 327 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 07:56 PM UTC
I agree
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 09:32 PM UTC
Another happy customer.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 - 12:49 AM UTC
They are the only reason I ever attend the big New England train show just over a mile from home. While a lot of their plant material is listed as HO or other railroad scale, most of it works works quite well with 1/35 or 54mm displays.
 _GOTOTOP