Hosted by Darren Baker
As you wish.ASLAV Phase 3 near release
aleluya
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 - 11:39 AM UTC

Sorry. Only the box art for you guys.But It is still worth waiting for a few month and fnish your Aslav Dream.Not the last one(maybe)and the best one,but still a good one for us to build!Hope Trumpeter will release their Bushmaster(As far as I know....nope for it...)
Be adviced! Even this is a new tool one,maybe we still need to deal with the crap suspension(old tooling maybe..),but good news is at least it can't be seen normally.
Any comment about the crew?I think maybe Blackdog is a good option.
bat-213
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 788 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 11:26 AM UTC
if the box art is true to the kit i think it will be a nice
kit to build,as to the crew they look pretty good,but theres
allways room for upgrades,thanks for showing.
jasmils
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,016 posts
Armorama: 745 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 01:10 PM UTC
Looking forward to this kit.
Once I get my hands on one, I will do an in-depth review for sure.

11D COOK THE MAN SOME EGGS
sam_dwyer
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 294 posts
Armorama: 291 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 01:43 PM UTC
Great looking box art.

I wonder if Trumpeter pay royalties for using other people's intellectual property? Interesting.

Sam
SPRWITTMANN
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 111 posts
Armorama: 108 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 01:44 PM UTC
Nice artwork, the attention to detail is fantastic, even down to the silvered decals.

Arms Corps Models would be the best option for crew and accessories, decals, ammo liners etc IMO.

Hope Sam Dwyer is getting royalties for using his build as a template for boxart.
didgeboy
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,846 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 02:09 PM UTC
Alex; my question is when are you guys gonna announce that M911 and trailer that I am SO Hoping for?
Harvs73
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 66 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 04:39 PM UTC
The more ASLAV's the better! The more fun question though for those non Australians or Kiwi's is - do you know where the 'cook the man some eggs' came from??? The kiwi's should be able to answer this movie question easily. It is not a pretty scene I might add.
sam_dwyer
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 294 posts
Armorama: 291 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 05:10 PM UTC
Interesting indeed:

Cant wait for the model, regardless of where they got the inspiration for the box art! The box art shows the vehicle patroling across the Afghan dasht. This vehicle in its depicted configuration, i.e. with the 'communication' boxes on the bow, was infact a vehicle used solely within Australia as a training vehicle, for troops headed to Iraq. 11D Cook the Man Sum Eggs never left Australia in this configuration. The 'communication' boxes were never used in Afghanistan, being an Iraq mod only. Please dont interpret this as me critisizing the model or the box art in any way, just pointing out that little fact. I used some artistic lisense to depict the vehicle in a deployed configuration, even though it never happened this way.

The 'Cook the Man Sum Eggs' line came from 'Once Were Warriors' - a fantastic but harrowing Kiwi movie on the pitfalls of domestic violence and the culinary arts

Sam
Harvs73
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 66 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 05:50 PM UTC
You gave it away Sam! The movie was good and sad as well but much better than the follow on.

As for the model and box art, I would say inspiration only if anything as the paintwork and set up are different on the pair of them. The call sign is not a bad sounding one so it would make for a good decal sheet to have in there.
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Armorama: 1,563 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 03:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great looking box art.

I wonder if Trumpeter pay royalties for using other people's intellectual property? Interesting.

Sam

Wouldn't be the first time they copied something. Won't be the last. Here's my photo from the LAV-TUA trial I ran back in 2005:

Annndd..trumpeter box art:
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 04:52 AM UTC
Pretty sure they used my references as well of the Chally 2 with slat armour for their kit, which I posted online when the upgrade still wasn't commonly seen in public, they even managed to mould onto the armour the little triangular warning labels stating the armour is inert.

Oh well, this should make for a decent looking kit.
SPRWITTMANN
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 02:43 PM UTC
Just had to do the pre order with the Trumpeter distributor for Australia in regards to the PC kit for the hobby shop I work in. The shelf price for the kit will be around $55 - $60AUD.

Hey Sam, at least they spelt the name wrong. It's supposed to be SUM, not Some.
SPRWITTMANN
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 07:05 PM UTC
Just had an update for the Trumpeter supplier for Australia. Originally the PC kit was slated for release from the Trumpeter factory on the 22nd of Sept, with the first shipment being air freighted to Australia. Word has come in that due to a hold up with production the kit will not be released until late October. Bugger Damn.

|:(
 _GOTOTOP