_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Left Behind diorama
momcha
Visit this Community
Nis, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 101 posts
Armorama: 100 posts
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2012 - 10:11 PM UTC
This is T34 model that I have been working one year ago. In that moment I had no bright idea for diorama. Few Month ago I had idea to paint old Tamiya SdKfz 7/1 in panzer gray with red brown camo, and I also got idea for diorama for both of them.

Story: late winter, russian units are in inspection of terrain and searching for left behind german units. They found abandoned german half-track and signal their units to move closer.

T34 is from Zvezda model, Sd.Kfz 7/1 is Tamiya model and figures are from MiniArt various boxes

I hope you like it. Comments are welcome.
Thanks for watching.

Momcha
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2012 - 11:32 PM UTC
Momcha, nice idea and the ground work looks very realistic but the problem I see is with the SdKfz7/1. It looks like it just came out of the factory and never saw any action which asks the question why was it left behind I think you need to weather it up a bit more or maybe show some battle damage
hofpig
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,330 posts
Armorama: 1,017 posts
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2012 - 11:56 PM UTC
Maybe it ran out of fuel and had to be abandoned, leave a few jerry cans scatteree around and maybe a single 200l oildrum with pump attached to underline the point.

Looks great though.

Paul
wildsgt
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 327 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 01:09 AM UTC
I agree with Sal
momcha
Visit this Community
Nis, Serbia & Montenegro
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 06:31 AM UTC
I agree with Paul. Not all vehicles were destroyed during the war. I just want to represent left vehicle, with no damage. Thank you for commenting and watching.

Momcha
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 09:28 AM UTC
Momcha: I can see it not having any damage, but it would still have some dirt and a bit of wear just from driving to where it is. Currently it looks like it was dropped there.

Happy Modeling, -zon
dinosaur
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 30 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 04:01 PM UTC
perhaps some snow on the top surfaces to tie it with groundwork?
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 06:26 PM UTC
Momcha, congrats indeed for you skillness.
Your figures look incredibly convincing as well as the vehicles. I really wish I were able as you are
Anyway I'd say that I agree with Sal, you might have damaged a bit more the Sd.Kfz 7/1. To emphasize the point that the vehicle has been abandoned quickly by his crew, you would have left on the ground some pieces of German equipment and some . In my VERY humble opinion it would look more convincing if the front wheels were turned, the wind screen was damaged and laid down on the bonnet, the flak guns were pointed stright up in the air and if the track links were unserviceable.

Quoted Text

I agree with Paul. Not all vehicles were destroyed during the war. I just want to represent left vehicle, with no damage

When crews were forced to left their vehicles, they had to damage them. Basically they were obliged to destroy the main weapons. They were obliged to do it to avoid that the tanks could have been captured and used by their opponents. Making explode the ammunition containers or burning out the extra fuel cells was quite common as well as getting the track links unserviceable. Mg-s were usually removed and brought away. If there was little time to evacuate, crews at least dropped a hand bomb on their vehicles before the escape.

Anyway, those are observations. As I told you before ,your models , your ground work and your figures look outstanding

Cheers
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 07:38 PM UTC
Momchia,

Very nice work I really like the look of the T34 & the idea behind the diorama. And I can see your point of the vechile being quickly abandoned, but if it was so quickly abandoned then how did it have time to have stray leaves gather on it but no snow?? I would also add some snow to it scatter a helmut or two & damage the windscreen as per pervious ideas by Mauro & Paul.

Cheers Mike
Diamond
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 09:35 AM UTC
I am sorry but the whole thing does not work for me.

Russian and German tanks of that era and time you are depicting in this diorama had been through much abuse.

Both vehicles, nicely built and painted, belong on individual stands and would look very nice that way.

However, if you want us to judge as a diorama, with a theme and story to be said, it fails to do this.

Significant more weathering and detail is required.

Again, my honest opinion, since you asked.

momcha
Visit this Community
Nis, Serbia & Montenegro
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 09:19 AM UTC
Thank you all, I am sorry for late reply ( I was on my vacation ). Constructive comments will make this diorama "perfect"
Thank you all again for watching and for giving me more creative ideas

Best
Momcha
 _GOTOTOP