_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Meng Merkava. any pe sets planned?
silent-one
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 86 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 05:50 AM UTC
Does anyone know if there is anyone planning to make a pe set for the excellent Meng Merkava 3d early? In particular Im needing the armor mesh skirts for the rear 2 equipment frames. ( either side of the rear hatch )

Is this kit too obscure to get pe support ? any ideas guys?
SHarjacek
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 09:17 AM UTC
Hello,as far as i know nobody released a photo-etch set,but voyager made a ball&chains set.In the photos you can see some pe on the turret so i suppose there will be some.

Kind regards,Sven.
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 - 01:37 AM UTC
I haven't seen anything announced but I have to assume that Voyager, Eduard, and maybe Griffon or whomever will release some within the next few months. My LHS can't keep them in stock and with the exception of some odd niches (Fine Molds Japanese tanks for example) pretty much every kit seems to get a dedicated PE set.

Matt
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 - 05:06 AM UTC
ET Model has this little goody.
system
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 364 posts
Armorama: 363 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 - 06:52 AM UTC
Nothing specific for the Meng kit yet: Eduard made a set for Academy's crappy old Merkava 3 which contains the basket perforated plate parts; Legend make a couple of resin/etch add-on sets which include the rear basket. You can't use parts from a Merkava 4 set because they're a different pattern (one of the weaknesses of the new Hobby Boss Merk 3D kit is the stowage baskets are a mix of Merk 3 and Merk 4 features).

Like Sven says, I'd wait a few weeks - the Meng kit is pretty recent and it normally takes a couple of months for the aftermarket boys to crank out the p/e.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 - 07:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nothing specific for the Meng kit yet: Eduard made a set for Academy's crappy old Merkava 3 which contains the basket perforated plate parts; Legend make a couple of resin/etch add-on sets which include the rear basket. You can't use parts from a Merkava 4 set because they're a different pattern (one of the weaknesses of the new Hobby Boss Merk 3D kit is the stowage baskets are a mix of Merk 3 and Merk 4 features).

Like Sven says, I'd wait a few weeks - the Meng kit is pretty recent and it normally takes a couple of months for the aftermarket boys to crank out the p/e.

Ed are you sure about the issue as the person who helped Meng with this knows his onions so to speak.
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 - 07:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Ed are you sure about the issue as the person who helped Meng with this knows his onions so to speak.

Darrren I believe Ed was talking about the Hobbyboss kit, not Meng.
Mike
system
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 - 08:04 AM UTC
Yes - sorry, didn't mean to confuse the issue by bringing the Hobby Boss kit into the topic. I wouldn't dare criticise the Meng kit for accuracy - it's pretty much impeccable. The Hobby Boss kit is pretty nice too, but has a couple of problems according to my reference, the hull stowage baskets being one of them.
silent-one
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 86 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 - 02:24 PM UTC
thanks guys. I have a couple of projects to finish . So looks like by time I do them there wil be a set out I was worried that Meng being new might not be served . But It looks like its in everyones spotlight
supersxvmoto
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 160 posts
Armorama: 153 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 06:09 AM UTC
Blast resin update set for Meng or HB Merkava

http://www.phpshopxml.com/blamod.shop/CID/af09d4fa682e6b9028892f0f76e938f9/function/itemPageDisplay/shopItemCode/BL35186K
system
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 05:02 AM UTC
Here it is - Merkava p/e from Voyager:

http://www.voyagermodel.com/productdetails.asp?itemid=PE35503

http://www.voyagermodel.com/productdetails.asp?itemid=PE35504

Enough etched goodies to turn a quick build into a not-so-quick one (check out the real springs for the suspension).
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 08:25 AM UTC
I'd really like to seethe LIC overhead hatch cover for the TC 's position included in that BlastModels update set...now that would make it worthwhile to me.

Johnny
mario50
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 07:57 PM UTC
I got the legend one
it is money waisted the balls are one chain connected and to connet it at the support chain will be a very big touble because has not holes has to be connected with super glue , tha photoetched appear to be some what good and the replaicement in resin is normal any way to not have the value of the 40 dollars i paid , i did not see the instruction inside and the illustration i will see it late
 _GOTOTOP