_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Zombie Hunter Diorama
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,093 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 - 10:31 PM UTC
Yeah! Cool!

Great to look at, even though I'm not much of a zombie-attack kind off enthusiast...
The axegirl's ass sure is an eyecatcher!
The only thing I'm not to impressed aboput is the finished zombie. Looks a bit toy'ish.
willc453
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 55 posts
Armorama: 45 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 11:25 AM UTC
You're one of the reasons I got back into modeling after being out of it for 15 years. Happened to see it while Googling zombie dioramas.

I've got a bunch of military figures/vehicles (1/35th) that I'll be using in my zombie dioramas. And of course, since your posting, there's a whole lot of zombie/survivor figures now available. As to vehicles, there are some in 1/35th, but I'm going to be using some in 1/32nd scale like a school bus, Vespa motor scooter and ATV.
pnance26
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 766 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 08:40 PM UTC
Nice work!

While I, personally, am all done with the zombie thing (it has been going on for what... five years now and that's not counting going back to the original George Romero day) and I think World War Z was the definite movie on zombies, it is well executed. Of course, the posterior of the axe girl has lots of appeal to guys, maybe next time you should find something for the girls... I am pretty sick of the inherent sexism in figure building. Seems like it is so 50s...

Anyway, I like it a lot and the attention to detail is great ! Keep up the good work!
willc453
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 55 posts
Armorama: 45 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 04:10 PM UTC
Always wondered who built this diorama and scale. Quit building about 15 years ago & Was thinking of getting back into modeling late last year. But didn't want to go back to aircraft/armor for awhile and quite possibly lose what ever modeling mojo I had. Then thought of zombies/apocalypse dioramas and wondered if anyone was doing them. Boy, was I surprised not only in the number of dioramas/figures, but drawings of destroyed/abandoned cities, survivors, etc. NOW I was enthused about modeling once again.

Saw your diorama via Google and didn't know until now that there was stuff to be seen behind the wall. As to vehicles, ran into the same problem. Everything seems to be from the 30's to the 60's. Then thought of diecast and there a lot of stuff to chose from not only in 1/32nd, but also 1/36th.
But there are drawbacks.

Not real accurate detailing inside the car/truck. They have play value, meaning a VERY large hinge that you'll have to deal with if you show the car/truck open. Most of the bodies are metal, though some, like one of my VW buses,is a combination of metal & plastic. The seats are basic and so far, only come in 2 colors: tan or black. The VW buses vary, some that will have driver/passenger door openable, others, it's only 1 or both cargo doors, but then, the driver/passenger door doesn't open. There is basically NO detailing on the undercarriage of the vehicle, though tires & rims don't look too bad on all the vehicles.

You can take these things apart with very little trouble. The glass is one piece on all of 'em. The trucks are the worse as far as detailing goes because the beds are maybe 9" deep scale wise.

Thanks again for showing your diorama off and helping me regain my modeling mojo back.

_GOTOTOP