_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Ammo Storage for Revell (Italeri) M7 Priest
johncpo
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 55 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 06:51 AM UTC
Hello all,

I am detailing my Revell (Italeri) 1/35th Priest with the ammo container set from AFV Club which contains 22 spiraled round tubes. The ammo bins on the kit are obviously too small in size to fit them and the vehicle will be in "resting" setting so no ammo will be out. What is the best after market ammo storage bin set that will fit the AFV tubes as they are quite well detailed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And by the way please feel free to look up my Facebook pages, "Hobbies in a Barn" and "Building Historic Dioramas".

Actually I will use the Italeri kit rounds as ready rounds as suggested by many websites to be placed on the engine deck, such a waste if not shown.

Thanks in advance,
johcpo
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 11:25 AM UTC
Voyager's PE set for the DML M7 has a set of fine ammo bins that should do.

Tom
johncpo
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 04:34 AM UTC
Tom,

Thank you very much for the tip, I'll check into it.

The best,

johncpo
johncpo
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 05:35 AM UTC
I thought I might try scratch building the ammo boxes and came up with placing each cardboard tube in a scratch built box that fits twelve tubes each, then I placed Evergreen Plastic angle iron sections in between each tube. The resulting look is really convincing and more realistic I think. I'll possibly submit the finished M7 to your Feature section on approval. Understandably the Italeri/Revell/Testors M7 is an oldie I still enjoy detailing such a kit as the interior is screaming out for details. So far the driver is from the "relaxed" pose version of the Miniart U S Tank Crew with all the figures having a place in the M7 as I get them built. More to follow but for now, scratch building can be fun, even for almost 62 years old!
The best,
johncpo
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 08:48 AM UTC
I'd love to see pics of that -I have a couple of Priest builds stalled
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 08:50 AM UTC
Sounds like an interesting technique!

Tom
johncpo
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 05:20 AM UTC
Thanks to both of you, getting to scratchbuild is a challenge now that everything under the sun is after market and using ones skills is becoming a rarity, but pressing on I got to looking through my Evergreen brand styrene shapes and found the angle iron. More later and you are both more than welcome to view two of my Facebook pages; "Hobbies in a Barn" and "Building Historic Dioramas" they were both started by myself to promote fun in the hobby without negative comments like "how come you have an Italeri M7 and not the latest from Dragon?" to which I would answer, the price! At any rate you are both great commentors, and thanks again.
All the best from the Southwest,
johncpo
 _GOTOTOP