_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Use of Trumpeter T-62 w/ ERA?
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2012 - 04:20 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

I am not much into Soviet armor and so I wonder how many T-62 M
with ERA were/are in use with the Soviet/Russian army. I fancy everything that carries ERA so any photographic references of these tank would be helpful.

TIA
Hans-Hermann
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 1,115 posts
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2012 - 05:04 AM UTC
According to this Russian website http://www.krasnayazvezda.com/terre/materiels/chars/t62.php only 113 T-62MV were ever built and used strictly by Russia. I haven’t seen many pictures of them other than those sitting in a museums or scrap yards. Again trumpeter decided to model one of those limited used tanks just like their IT-1, never the less an interesting kit to have.
okievit
Visit this Community
Cadiz, Spain / España
KitMaker: 225 posts
Armorama: 206 posts
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2012 - 10:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

According to this Russian website http://www.krasnayazvezda.com/terre/materiels/chars/t62.php only 113 T-62MV were ever built and used strictly by Russia.

Actually, the site states that in 1991 there were only 113 vehicles in service in the western part of the USSR. That doesn't say anything about the total either in previous years, or in the eastern part of the USSR.

That of course doesn't change that it's a less common version, as you said. I'm waiting for them to release a Tiran-6. There were a few pics of a supposed master floating around a few years ago, but I haven't seen anything since...

Cheers,

Olaf
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 12:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

According to this Russian website http://www.krasnayazvezda.com/terre/materiels/chars/t62.php only 113 T-62MV were ever built and used strictly by Russia. I haven’t seen many pictures of them other than those sitting in a museums or scrap yards. Again trumpeter decided to model one of those limited used tanks just like their IT-1, never the less an interesting kit to have.

They've already had the t-62 mold, they've only added the ERA armours to pruduce another kit.

Regarding the actual subject, it's only an upgrade to improve the passive defense systems of the old machines, maybe only a proposal to cut down the armament spending budget. They aren't likely to be employed in main duties
spetsnazgru
Visit this Community
Lebanon
KitMaker: 661 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 08:53 AM UTC
let's hope for a T-62 with Slat
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 06:28 PM UTC
Looks like Uzbekistan still uses some in 2012 (pics from the 20th anniversary of the Armed Forces ceremony ):

Frenchy
okievit
Visit this Community
Cadiz, Spain / España
KitMaker: 225 posts
Armorama: 206 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 04:07 AM UTC
Now that makes that kit a lot more interesting all of a sudden. Hadn't had a chance to look around yet, so thanks for posting those.

Olaf
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 674 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 05:32 AM UTC
My problem with these t-62s with ERA is that, just as the uzbeg one, they have the fat era blocks equipped. I hope Trump is going to supply the kit with them.
 _GOTOTOP