Hosted by Darren Baker
M1128 Stryker MGS WIP
Anatoli
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 85 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 09:56 AM UTC
This is my second AFV Club Stryker. I started building it after I started building the ICV. The two seem to really be almost leapfroging each other in terms of general progress. In fact, I intend to add the camouflaged rucksacks to them at the same time. I hope these photos are good enough becuase I lost my older camera while on vacation.

salazareric
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 84 posts
Armorama: 48 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 01:14 PM UTC
Nicely done! Hope you dont mind my asking what colors/paint did you use?

Thanks,

Eric
didgeboy
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,846 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 01:47 PM UTC
Looks really nice, congratulations.
Anatoli
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2012 - 04:31 AM UTC
For the overall paints I used semi-gloss black acryl. from Model Masters, although I'm sure any semi-gloss black will do, as a primer used from the airbrush. I then highlighted panels on the hull with white using the airbrush on fairly low pressure. I also highlighted the main gun tube and the turret, but the turret had a bit less overall highlighting then the hull or the main gun for better contrast. I then airbrushed a thin coat of Humbrol H303 over the primer coats. I then followed by a coat of Future Floorwax to protect the paint from the weathering. The insides of rear lights were painted Guards Red toned with a little black to give them that deep red off tailights have. The bolt heads on the recovery lugs were painted straight Guards Red, and the lugs themselves were handpainted painted Model Masters Aluminuim. Finally, I painted the backs of the turnsignals orange and the backs of the headlights silver. I'll upload some more WIP photos to better show the rear.
Anatoli
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2012 - 04:49 AM UTC
These are some earlier WIP photos of the MGS before its pinwashes and pastels. The first picture gives a fairly good veiw into the contrast of the dark turret and light hull.

The next picture is a shot of the rear which gives a good view into the tailights.

I wonder, do the earlier WIP photos look sharper then the later ones?
Anatoli
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 04:35 AM UTC
Thanks! My next build ,though, will be a bit of a different one. I plan on scratchbuilding a C2 or potentailly a C2 MEXAS from the Italiari Leo 1A5.
TankSGT
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 946 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 01:59 PM UTC
Very nice Aaron,the eye safe antenna tips was a nice touch.

Tom
Anatoli
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 10:13 AM UTC
I still need to add the rucksacks that will have BDU camouflage on them. I really hope ,though, that this build doesn't loose all of its momentum as I work more on the Leopard C2. On a side note, do you have the book The Leopard Trilogy?
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Armorama: 1,143 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 10:54 AM UTC
Aron, nicely done. I really like your painting technique. Never really thought of using white to highlight the panels. I can see the advantages vs the more traditional method of shading all the panel lines with flat black. Going to try it on my next build.

Joel
Anatoli
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 05:39 PM UTC
I suggest gettting a little bit of pratice on a simple kit to get the hang of highlighting.
 _GOTOTOP