French main battle tank LECLERC series2
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 05:30 AM UTC
Hello!
While some kits for the striker in a way, I decided not to waste time and build the tank.
After working with Trump - is a model of continuous rest! Will not dissipate much as you should all know well, Tamiya makes premium quality model.
But to the actual model.

I've always liked this tank, but in cases with missing armor shields
Without them, he looks much more aggressive and interesting.
We now turn to the fact that I allowed myself a little bit to finish (only the base, the turret did not touch):
- Changed the position of balancer (I took it for a Winning bets must position on the stand);
- Separated from the screens that I need the armor panel, added the handles and fittings for rubber skirts;
- Of tin produced retention screens;
- In front mudguards added the missing elements fasteners;
- Did the wiring to the audio signal and headlights;
- Added a few staples in the front armor plate;
- Improved hardware fence next to the hatch;
- Optics made from the DVD, choose an option from the dull violet-blue tint;
- The MTO added network (from tea bag tin strips on top);
- Because decided to make a car without drums, I had to mess with brackets for these. Finalized them with plastic masking tape from Tamiya and wire;
- Reproduced the fuel system and made a couple of handles lower back armor plate;
- Rear mudguards grind to acceptable thickness.

TankSGT
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 946 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 05:41 AM UTC
Its coming along nicely. Question how did you use DVDs for the optics, it looks good and sounds like a great idea.

Tom
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 08:05 AM UTC
Really good start!
If you want to go the superdetailing way, I can help with a tweaks list I made some years ago.

Olivier
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 07:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Its coming along nicely. Question how did you use DVDs for the optics, it looks good and sounds like a great idea.

Tom

Tom, thanks for rating!
DVD, I use a very simple manner. I take the disc knife and delaminate it (for this knife split the disk from the end). Then half of that with a picture - is thrown, and the second simply cut into desired pieces and put in the place. As you can see, everything is very simple.

Quoted Text

Really good start!
If you want to go the superdetailing way, I can help with a tweaks list I made some years ago.

Olivier

I am glad that my model is like Oliver!
On the internet a lot of information on this tank and while I have no issues on its completion. In fact, I'm not going to do superdetailing. My style of work and completion of the most visible aspects and good color. As a result, I hope to have a beautiful model.

At the moment I have one question: What models of mine trawls or plows are used in the French Army? Maybe someone can fill photos or drawings? if mine sweeper or plow will be quite simple, I'll try to make it.
jkb_sprint
Visit this Community
Thessaloniki, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 402 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 08:02 PM UTC
Nice and rare subject! Very nice job so far. Waiting to see more.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 05:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What models of mine trawls or plows are used in the French Army? Maybe someone can fill photos or drawings? if mine sweeper or plow will be quite simple, I'll try to make it.

Kirill,
there is no such things fitted to the Leclerc. The French mineclearing tank is the old AMX30 fitted with either a KMT5 rollers or a Pearson mine plow.
The full name is AMX30B2 DT or simply AMX30 DT. That could help for your researches with Google.

Olivier
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 06:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

What models of mine trawls or plows are used in the French Army? Maybe someone can fill photos or drawings? if mine sweeper or plow will be quite simple, I'll try to make it.

Kirill,
there is no such things fitted to the Leclerc. The French mineclearing tank is the old AMX30 fitted with either a KMT5 rollers or a Pearson mine plow.
The full name is AMX30B2 DT or simply AMX30 DT. That could help for your researches with Google.

Olivier

Thank you Olivier!
Today watched your blog on this model - a very high-quality refinement! With your permission, I will kidnap you have a couple of improvements!
AMX30B2 DT looks very interesting. In general, you can fill with photos Leclerc equipped Mine any equipment? I have three days looking for information on the Internet, but unfortunately did not find any photo ...
Frankly, I would be happy to put AMX30B2 DT on your model, it would become even more interesting.

Quoted Text

Nice and rare subject! Very nice job so far. Waiting to see more.

John, thank you for the assessment of the work!
johnlinford
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 203 posts
Armorama: 195 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 07:16 AM UTC
You leaving the rest of the skirts off ? cause I think it looks great without them so far....are you working from a reference photo?
bat-213
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 788 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 11:33 AM UTC
great looking build so far,cant wait to see it finisded.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 09:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank you Olivier!
Today watched your blog on this model - a very high-quality refinement! With your permission, I will kidnap you have a couple of improvements!
AMX30B2 DT looks very interesting. In general, you can fill with photos Leclerc equipped Mine any equipment? I have three days looking for information on the Internet, but unfortunately did not find any photo ...
Frankly, I would be happy to put AMX30B2 DT on your model, it would become even more interesting.

Kirill,
here are two pictures of the AMX30 fitted with the rollers and the plow.

On the first one you can notice the ERA bricks fitted on the tanl just like on the AMX30 Brennus tank.

If you want to put a plow on your Leclerc it will be a what-if. An engineer variant has been under development but has eventually been cancelled due to the cost !

Olivier
redski9316
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 48 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 01:27 AM UTC
just bought one of these at a show recently, your work is very inspiring!!! nice one
Redski

4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 05:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You leaving the rest of the skirts off ? cause I think it looks great without them so far....are you working from a reference photo?

Yes, John, the screens on my model will be exactly as shown. I'm doing a model with an eye on the photos.

Quoted Text

great looking build so far,cant wait to see it finisded.

Roy, I'm glad you like my model at the moment, I think I'll finish the assembly day by day.

Quoted Text

Kirill,
here are two pictures of the AMX30 fitted with the rollers and the plow.

On the first one you can notice the ERA bricks fitted on the tanl just like on the AMX30 Brennus tank.

If you want to put a plow on your Leclerc it will be a what-if. An engineer variant has been under development but has eventually been cancelled due to the cost !

Olivier

Thanks for the info, Olivier!
It is unfortunate that you can not equip Leclerc mine plow. Before that, I was certain that each tank has a similar addition.

Quoted Text

just bought one of these at a show recently, your work is very inspiring!!! nice one
Redski

Hi Paul! I'm glad you got yourself a set! Join the building - it will be interesting!
johnlinford
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 203 posts
Armorama: 195 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 10:19 AM UTC
looks a great subject , good luck with it.
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 - 04:05 AM UTC
Once again, I welcome all!!!
Assembling the model is complete. All I planned to do, I did.
What I have finished on the turret:
- Added the missing bolts;
- Made the optics of DVD, but after painting is part of optics will be played using a tape from video;
- Slightly modified the cover of mortars and made them fasteners;
- Replaced the handles on the hatches and box;
- In an antenna drilled hole diameter of 0.2 mm, this will facilitate the subsequent assembly of the antenna;
- Add to cart grid;

Added the missing elements in the base.
These are:
- Bolts on the engine-transmission compartment ;
- Weld on the lower front part;
- Added overlay at the intersection of the bottom and the lower front part;
- Added a few clips on the engine-transmission compartment and under the turret.

That's what I was able to get the output:

And a couple of common species:

Uh, well, now you can go back to work on the Stryker.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 - 05:27 AM UTC
Very nice detailing Kirill! You have omitted the cut-out on the back of the right Galix cover. (The one pointing at you.)

I was just nitpicking Your build is really great.

Olivier
JUSTK
Visit this Community
Trinidad And Tobago
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 - 06:02 AM UTC
Hi Oliver, you seem to be an expert on the Leclerc. I have 2.99 Heller kits, Eduard PE, Bronco Plastic tracks, Terre Models T5/6 conversion for the Leclerc. What is wrong with the Heller kit. I'll greatly appreciate any assistance.
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 - 06:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice detailing Kirill! You have omitted the cut-out on the back of the right Galix cover. (The one pointing at you.)

I was just nitpicking Your build is really great.

Olivier

But really!
I did not pay attention to this cut!
Thank you for your comment Olivier, I will correct this defect.
Thank you for the support and evaluation of the work done!
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 - 08:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Oliver, you seem to be an expert on the Leclerc. I have 2.99 Heller kits, Eduard PE, Bronco Plastic tracks, Terre Models T5/6 conversion for the Leclerc. What is wrong with the Heller kit. I'll greatly appreciate any assistance.

Hello Kurt,
I don't know if I am an expert but I have a special interest in this tank. I built the Heller kit when it was released. I too used the Terres Modeles conversion set and the Terres Modeles metal tracks (no longer available).
To be honest, it is not a bad kit at all except for the tracks which need to be replaced by the Bronco ones. You also need to drill out the Galix (smoke grenade launchers) tubes cover. The Galix are represented by decals in the Heller kit
The rest of the kit is not on a par with the Tamiya standard but the detail is correct, the dimensions are accurate and you can build it in an early version. The antislip paint is present and better rendered than on the Tamiya kit.

Here is my build, sorry for the bad picture.

Olivier
flugwuzzi
Visit this Community
Lower Austria, Austria
KitMaker: 633 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 - 01:39 AM UTC
Hi Kirill,

your leclerc looks great. Especially the periscopes/optics look extremely nice.

Earlier you sais you used DVDs for that. How did you use the DVD?Did you peel off some of the reflecting layer?
A hint how you used DVDs for periscopes would be really great!

Keep on the good building and have fun.

Cheers
Walter
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 - 04:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Kirill,

your leclerc looks great. Especially the periscopes/optics look extremely nice.

Earlier you sais you used DVDs for that. How did you use the DVD?Did you peel off some of the reflecting layer?
A hint how you used DVDs for periscopes would be really great!

Keep on the good building and have fun.

Cheers
Walter

Hello Walter.
I'm glad you like the improvements on my model.
About optics of DVD. I posted earlier. Here's what I wrote about this before. DVD, I use a very simple manner. I take the disc knife and delaminate it (for this knife split the disk from the end). Then half of that with a picture - is thrown, and the second simply cut into desired pieces and put in the place. As you can see, everything is very simple.

I use online translator and am not sure that it is correctly all translates.
flugwuzzi
Visit this Community
Lower Austria, Austria
KitMaker: 633 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 - 09:05 PM UTC
Hi Kirill,
thx for the hint.
Translation was no problem - I know what you men.

cheers
Walter
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 - 09:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Kirill,
thx for the hint.
Translation was no problem - I know what you men.

cheers
Walter

I'm glad everything turned out clear!
JUSTK
Visit this Community
Trinidad And Tobago
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 - 01:47 AM UTC
Hi Kirill,
Greeting from Trinidad and Tobago. Great build. I have following your build from the start. As stated before, I don't have this kit but I have 2 Heller kits and 1 Chinese copy of the Heller kit. I want to build as correct a model as possible so I'll be copying as much of your Tamiya work as I can. One question, the bolts that you add are there so many on the real tank and are they that prominent.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 - 08:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

One question, the bolts that you add are there so many on the real tank and are they that prominent.

Hello Kurt,
on the real tank there are a lot more bolts than Tamiya represented in their kit.
Have a look at the various walkarounds I have in my site, some clearly show the bolts.

Olivier
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 10:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Kirill,
Greeting from Trinidad and Tobago. Great build. I have following your build from the start. As stated before, I don't have this kit but I have 2 Heller kits and 1 Chinese copy of the Heller kit. I want to build as correct a model as possible so I'll be copying as much of your Tamiya work as I can. One question, the bolts that you add are there so many on the real tank and are they that prominent.

Hi Kurt!
Very glad to talk with a colleague from a distant land. I am very glad that my model is like, I hope I did not ruin her painting.
I'm not sure that my model is to take as the standard of the correct model of the tank. Because some items I make simplistic and I are finalizing a visible place on the model. I watched from the Heller kit in the store, the model really is not simple, but if you want and due skill and out of the model can be watchable. I can give you a lot of options where the tank shot in detail. I think it's easier for you to build a model from Heller.
 _GOTOTOP