Hosted by Darren Baker
ArmorFarm site is now Live
TBadger
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 10:20 AM UTC
Figured I would drop a line on the boards to let everyone know that ArmorFarm is now up and running. I've ordered some Leaf Litter and some scale propaganda posters for some dios. Prices are fairly reasonable, shipping is a bit steep so I would suggest ordering what you want in one go!

Happy Shopping! I know I am pleased

site's at ArmorFarm dot com
CDK
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 358 posts
Armorama: 339 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 12:53 AM UTC
Calculating shipping is a nightmare, especially overseas. The products weigh next to nothing, but due the size and shape of some of the items, some of the packaging is large. Shipping in the states is done by priority mail flat rate, so the shipping price is based on a medium flat rate box in the states.

Having said that, as it says in the 'shipping information' link on the site:

"Our Shipping rates are entirely based on USPS Priority Flat Rate boxes. If you buy a product and the shipping fee was rated at a price higher than the actual shipping rate when we mail out the product, Armor Farm will reimburse you the difference. If the actual shipping cost is more than what was quoted in your order, we absorb that difference on our end."

So if you order a few small things and they fit in the small flat rate box, you will be reimbursed the difference, if it requires a large flat rate box, we eat the difference.

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 05:33 AM UTC
Hi Brian,
Nice site and branding of your products. I would offer this small piece of advice though. If you want people to use your eCommerce store (or even establish relationships with distributors, vendors, etc), put some kind of business info on your Contact Us page. I don't know how many companies I see do exactly what you are (just a contact form), but I find that personally very off-putting. If a business isn't even willing to show their address (or a phone number) then that sets off alarm bells for me.

Best of luck with the new venture. Do I need to add advertising with us might be a good first step as well?

Cheers,
Jim
TBadger
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 05:41 AM UTC
Lol, It's not my website in the slightest. I was just passing on the word that a helpful resource was up and running I'll see if I can direct the message to the real owners.

I agree, sometimes there's certain criteria that need to be fulfilled before I'll trust my money to a site. I ordered mainly because I've seen the site promoted thus far almost a year and know the owners through the SMA forums.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 05:47 AM UTC
Ahh.... hehe. Well you see this is what happens when sites have limited info. People get confused.

Thanks for the update.

Cheers,
Jim
CDK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 06:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Brian,
Nice site and branding of your products. I would offer this small piece of advice though. If you want people to use your eCommerce store (or even establish relationships with distributors, vendors, etc), put some kind of business info on your Contact Us page. I don't know how many companies I see do exactly what you are (just a contact form), but I find that personally very off-putting. If a business isn't even willing to show their address (or a phone number) then that sets off alarm bells for me.

Best of luck with the new venture. Do I need to add advertising with us might be a good first step as well?

Cheers,
Jim

Thanks for the advice Jim, I'll pass it on to my partners who actually build/run the site so they can put your advice into use.

Having said that, we actually have several budding relationships with quite a few vendors/distributors at the moment and have sold much of our stock in the last 72 hours to people who have been waiting for this product and site to go live. It was a 'soft launch' so we could tweak things and take critique, like this for example.

We may advertise with you in the future but right at the moment, we have several published authors using the products in magazine articles, advertising space in a few magazines, and we have had great success using social networking etc. so we have taken many first steps already.

We have also sent out review samples to a few websites, and actually, your 'Consigliere' and great friend Dave O'Meara picked up a bunch of stuff from us at AMPS east, so perhaps he will be reviewing some of it in time as well.

Thanks again for the advice, sorry to confuse you.

CDK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 07:06 AM UTC
Contact form updated with snail mail and phone number.

Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 07:13 AM UTC
Jim, I have a bunch of their products to review.
CDK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 07:37 AM UTC
Nice short pants kid, whataya think it's summer?

Check out the 'how to' videos Dave, in case they may help.

http://armorfarm.com/how-to-videos/

There will be more posted in time, one for each product.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 08:26 AM UTC
Thanks Ken.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 03:38 PM UTC
Hi Ken,
Ahh... now your response makes sense. Like I said I was just confuzzled all around. Good luck with the new venture. The products look great. Look forward to seeing Dave review them.

Cheers,
Jim
TRM5150
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 10:22 PM UTC
Definately worth a look gents!! Pick some up at the last show myself and already pleased with all aspects of the product...packageing, quantity and usage!! Was playing with their Wild Flower selection last night and even a number of the Printable items, mainly the German Supply boxes!! Outstanding!!
 _GOTOTOP