_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Meals on Wheels - Canadian Style
_-_Ty_-_
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 85 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 - 03:29 PM UTC
Hello fellow builders. I have some new diorama pics to share with you. My latest is a behind the lines rest stop for several Staghounds from the 12th Manitoba Dragoons. It features a Bronco T17E1 Staghound Armoured Car Mk.I Late Production about to go on patrol and a Tamiya Quad Gun Tractor & Limber dropping off some food, drink, and other supplies before heading back to the artillery encampment. The base is from Miniart and features a staggered stone wall that when placed left a void on the other side of the gravel road. I wasn't sure what to do with it until I saw a farmers wagon from Master Box that looked to fill that void quite nicely. I added a couple of Canadian armoured crew members from another Staghound to give it a human touch. The crew about to unload the limber are other various armoured crew members. For the photos I used a couple of different backgrounds, one of which features houses in the background that aren't period correct but do add a different spin on the background. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pics and thanks for looking.

Cheers

Ty

_-_Ty_-_
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 - 03:32 PM UTC

_-_Ty_-_
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 - 03:35 PM UTC

Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,510 posts
Armorama: 1,443 posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 - 04:13 PM UTC
Fantastic work; I love how simple and clean it looks but still holds all the detail as if it was happening right this minute.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 - 04:40 PM UTC
Everything looks very natural and the setting flows well.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 - 05:25 PM UTC
Really nice job there!

You've really made the scene come to life.
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 - 08:27 PM UTC
Good idea overall!
You might give the wall some more weathering, dirt on the lower parts and some mossy green on the part you choose as North side. Between all the ivy the north side will certainly be humid also.

Claude
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 01:54 AM UTC
This is really cool. Nice composition and painting,etc. I love the ivy and the background in the pix blends so well it's awesome!
I think it may need a little something as it looks too clean for natural life. Maybe some detritus in the corner of the wall and the bottom edge? Not a lot but in real life things always seem to gather there?
Small point as it is a great dio.
J
spoons
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 527 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 02:05 AM UTC
well painted
well set out
one question how the hell did you do the ivy???
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 04:35 AM UTC
Very nice.
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 07:51 AM UTC
Excellent work, great diorama, and the photography with the back ground really compliments it. Nice job.

Kevin
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 09:06 AM UTC
Nice dio!

Happy Modeling, -zon
_-_Ty_-_
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 03:53 PM UTC
Thanks all for the compliments and tips. I will give the lower edges a dusting and add some deadfall as well. The ivy is a Silfor product that I picked up from Scenic Express. It comes in a tightly woven matt that you cut, pull apart and stretch to shape you want. I just used white glue to fix it to the wall. I airbrushed four or five different shades of green and then went in with a brush and acrylic paint and picked out 40 or 50 individual leaves and gave them different colour as well.

Thanks again

Cheers
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 01:24 AM UTC
Hey Tyrel, absolutly beautifull. Nice composition, great painting and just overall excellent work.
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 09:47 AM UTC
Hey Ty,

I think you've done an amazing job.Love it all.The figures are exellent and they really do make you feel like your part of the dio,observing.

Tom
TankSGT
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 946 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 02:09 PM UTC
Great dio, really ties together well. The figures really blend together.

Tom
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 09:07 AM UTC
Hi Tyrel,

Nearly missed this one. A very convincing dio, good use of figure interaction and a nice variety of vehicle and bits. I like your cleaned windows on the FAT. Both it and the Staghound look excellent as individual builds and fit well together in the overall stetting.

The ivy on the building looks very good, what product did you use for that? I would tend to agree with Claude that the render on the walls looks too fresh for an old fallen down building, but that should be easily weathered in and perhaps chipped a bit more, same detail on the doors.

The back drop makes for a very impressive scene, terrific stuff, I enjoyed it a lot. Excellent work and your figures are spot on.

Cheers

Al
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 09:52 AM UTC
That is sheer classy skill! Excellent job with very natural looking figures.

Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,510 posts
Armorama: 1,443 posts
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2012 - 09:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks all for the compliments and tips. I will give the lower edges a dusting and add some deadfall as well. The ivy is a Silfor product that I picked up from Scenic Express. It comes in a tightly woven matt that you cut, pull apart and stretch to shape you want. I just used white glue to fix it to the wall. I airbrushed four or five different shades of green and then went in with a brush and acrylic paint and picked out 40 or 50 individual leaves and gave them different colour as well.

Thanks again

Would you mind posting a link to where you bought the Silfor? Sounds a lot more promising than buying a couple strips of PE or paper 'Ivy'. Thanks.

Cheers

_-_Ty_-_
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 07:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thanks again

Would you mind posting a link to where you bought the Silfor? Sounds a lot more promising than buying a couple strips of PE or paper 'Ivy'. Thanks.

Cheers

Here ya go

http://www.sceneryexpress.com/products.asp?dept=1246

Cheers
 _GOTOTOP