_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
T-72 BI Chechnyan version
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 - 10:09 PM UTC
Great job, an amazing model coming to life. I like the weathering very much... could you tell me how you did the flags?

As for the figures, there are a lot of modern Russian figures out there, just not in plastic, but in resin. A bit more expensive, but very very nice. Try searching among Evolution Miniatures, ANT Miniatures, Master Club, Tank, etc... There are some reviewed on this site as well.

Cheers,
Mario
SzGergo
Visit this Community
Heves, Hungary
KitMaker: 83 posts
Armorama: 83 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 11:17 AM UTC
Hi Mario!

Thanks the nice words. You have right and also not! There are modern russian figures on the market but not a lot. All together 12 set of figures. How many are there from germans? Or allied? hundreds. And don't forget this one is a Chechnyan T-72, how many Chechnyan tanker or fighter figure are on market right now? I tell you 1! One single figure. So I think there is a time to think about that for the figure makers. But hey I know not as many modeller want to build a chechnyan subject as german, so I shut my mouth!

Cheers
Gergo
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 953 posts
Armorama: 705 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 11:56 AM UTC
Graet work Gergo...
Blucop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 262 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 01:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

The problema with being a modern AFV modeller is that the modelling "community" keeps centered on WWII, specially German-SS subjects, and there aren't enough good quality figure kits on the market.
We Now have the new Trumpeter and Meng kits, but we don't have figures to create dioramas, in fact we do not even have the figures to represent the tank crews.

Maybe, you should try to find figures at russian manufacturers?
http://armor35.ru/index.php?categoryID=403&offset=36
http://armor35.ru/index.php?categoryID=572&offset=0
http://armor35.ru/index.php?categoryID=575
http://armor35.ru/index.php?categoryID=185
http://armor35.ru/index.php?categoryID=548&offset=48

In my opinion, we have more, than enough, and the number of various figures is only grows!

This is partially true. Here in the USA we need reliable and consistent vendors to carry them. This would include more than just one vendor for Miniarm, Masterclub......which I do not believe there is a US vendor just Canadian (correct me if I am wrong here guys). The other issue is that they need to maintain some stock of MODERN armor updates and figures. If they would do this, and advertise it, we wouldn't be running to Hobbyeasy or other overseas vendors to make the purchases.

Like what was posted earlier, the WWII crowd (especially anything German SS) still controls much of the market. It is a catch 22 in the respect that it will not expand beyond this unless we actually SEE some of the other conflicts/historical eras being represented.
Blucop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 262 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 02:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Mario!

Thanks the nice words. You have right and also not! There are modern russian figures on the market but not a lot. All together 12 set of figures. How many are there from germans? Or allied? hundreds. And don't forget this one is a Chechnyan T-72, how many Chechnyan tanker or fighter figure are on market right now? I tell you 1! One single figure. So I think there is a time to think about that for the figure makers. But hey I know not as many modeller want to build a chechnyan subject as german, so I shut my mouth!

Cheers
Gergo

Congrats on your work! You have put together and displayed a true work of art which serves as an inspiration for many of us. I would argue that your work, and the work of many of us who thrive on modern era subjects, require more effort than the available WWII subject matter. There is no reason to "shut your mouth" we need to be more outspoken as a group of modelers and I feel that the future is looking good with the efforts coming to us from Meng, Trumpeter, Xact Scale and even Tamiya in some respects.

I need to find your T-62 posting....I missed that one.
SzGergo
Visit this Community
Heves, Hungary
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 07:54 PM UTC
Hello Everybody!

After long time, because of my flue, and because I moved back to Hungary an had to find my new place for work bench, a pleasure to tell you I 've done my beast! She is ready to dance, but the next step is a nice diorama. Unfortunately I have to wait for Stalingrad miniatures to realise the russian reffugies kit, but after that everything come in to a whole piece. I hope you like it, next time see you with the whole diorama!

Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 11:55 PM UTC
Gergo,
What an exquisite model, flawless and almost left me speechless! I love the detail work and weathering finish is uber realistic!
Looking forward to seeing it with a dio

Cheers,
Greg
SzGergo
Visit this Community
Heves, Hungary
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 - 12:15 AM UTC
Hello Greg!

Dziękuję bardzo your kind words! When it will be here again (she is on a photo making for a magazine) I will start the work, because I want to be ready to the competition of Mosonmagyaróvár which is on 11-13 of April. So coming back soon with the final photos!
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 - 12:38 AM UTC
Looking forward to seeing it in Moson.

Mario
asmodeuss
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 1,389 posts
Armorama: 1,388 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 - 04:05 AM UTC
Superb finish Gergo! Awesome build from start to finish! It seems that we both finished our t72 at the same time

Congrats!!
Phil.
Dannyd
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 803 posts
Armorama: 793 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 - 06:13 AM UTC
No that's special, just needs a nice base to set it off

Regards

Dan
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 12:18 AM UTC
Just awesome Gergo- the dirt and weathering on the tank is so realistic- you have captured the look of the photo perfectly. I can't wait to see it totally finished and in the diorama you have planned.
acebatau
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 616 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 01:11 AM UTC
Great finish, Gergo. Looks like a real one
SzGergo
Visit this Community
Heves, Hungary
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 07:37 AM UTC
Hello everybody!

Thanks the nice comments!

Mario! See you in Moson, when you see me (I'll be in a ss camouflaged uniform) just say me!

Philippe! I saw your T, I want to make also something from syria! Yours is really nice mate!

Dan! I'm working on it right now

Karl! I'll be in Dublin with her on the end of May!

Batsaikhan! Thanks!!!
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 11:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello everybody!

Thanks the nice comments!

Mario! See you in Moson, when you see me (I'll be in a ss camouflaged uniform) just say me!

Philippe! I saw your T, I want to make also something from syria! Yours is really nice mate!

Dan! I'm working on it right now

Karl! I'll be in Dublin with her on the end of May!

Batsaikhan! Thanks!!!

Gergo- great news about Dublin- it'll be great to see this up close!
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 - 07:48 AM UTC
Szia Gergo,

Really nice finish and build! You did it very well and realistic! I really look forward to see it Live in Moson. I will be there on Saturday and Sunday.

All the best,
Andreas
 _GOTOTOP