_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
New Test Insignia
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 10:05 AM UTC
Thoughts?

German World War II, Heer:

Schütze:

Stabsgefreiter:

Stabsfeldwebel:
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 10:09 AM UTC
Are you planning on doing other branches of service and other piping colors?

It's too bad there isn't a rank chart from the SF3D world of Kow ..
I still mean to get an image to you of an SAFS suit to use as an avatar if you're still doing that, but the blue monster has grown on me as well..

Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 10:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Are you planning on doing other branches of service and other piping colors?

Are you kidding!? Do you know how many there are? Believe me, doing one of these sets is work enough.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 10:50 AM UTC
Okay, you twisted my rubber arm. Ouch...

What I could do is change the piping with each progression in rank. Look back at the first post to see what I mean.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 02:09 PM UTC
I like the rightmost one, Ken. Thanks a lot for doing this for us. And one more thing , them Chinese (ROC, WW II circa) Officer ranks you had promised.... I'd be expecting them tomorrow!!!! Joking. #:-)
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 02:38 PM UTC
What's next Ken? Troll ranks? Troll Apprentice; Troll 1st Class; Troll w/PITA cluster...Command Master Troll...
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Armorama: 566 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 02:40 PM UTC
I like the Heer idea... and I'm with Dave on the right most insignias...

A big thank you from me :-)
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,546 posts
Armorama: 1,081 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 04:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

What's next Ken? Troll ranks? Troll Apprentice; Troll 1st Class; Troll w/PITA cluster...Command Master Troll...

You forgot Command Seargent Major Master Minor Troll 3rd Ordnung minus 4
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 10:49 PM UTC

Don't even ask that one, that comes into the category of Pandora's Box MK.1..Jim #:-)
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 11:17 PM UTC
Nice stuff Ken.
So where are the Upper ranks?
you know how we Generals are (++) (:-)
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
Armorama: 772 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2003 - 01:54 AM UTC
GOT MY 1000% VOTE DEFFINATE YYYYYYYYYESSSSSSSSS
AND Im w/ them the style on the right,
AND could I have mine black w/ pink piping .......please SIR
Mine FURHER 2nd SS DAS REICH
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2003 - 02:23 AM UTC
Have to cut down on number of posts.
prefer to stay S/R..... LOL
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2003 - 02:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Don't overdo it.

And if you insist : "Mine Furher" should be spelled "Mein Fûhrer".

There are several websites that do allow reference of this nature, but Armorama is not one of them. Being modelers we are often confronted with WWII, but some elements like swastika's and the itch to raise your right arm are reserved for use in the privacy of your own bathroom, not in front of minors.

If you have not reached the age of 18 yet, please disregard my remark. It took our parents' generation many decades to try to forget the atrocities of WWII, and for some people this is still a very sensitive subject.
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2003 - 05:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thoughts?

Private First Class/Obergrenadier

Lance Corporal/Gefreiter

Corporal/Obergefreiter

For wehrmacht uniforms, there's no reason to show the collar markings : they only indicate if someone is NCO, officer, high ranking officer...
Why not show either the shoulder patches or the sleeve patches ? Making a combination seems to comlicate matters. My 2 cts...

GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2003 - 05:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Now this is funny!
trdnfigrhead
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 64 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2003 - 06:38 AM UTC
Give us Russian/Soviet ranks and I'll be really happy, but when you get around to it (though Brit/commonwealth would be good for now).
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Armorama: 566 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2003 - 06:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Don't overdo it.

There are several websites that do allow reference of this nature, but Armorama is not one of them. Being modelers we are often confronted with WWII, but some elements like swastika's and the itch to raise your right arm are reserved for use in the privacy of your own bathroom, not in front of minors.

It took our parents' generation many decades to try to forget the atrocities of WWII, and for some people this is still a very sensitive subject.

Kencelot already knows my feelings on this, but this is exactly why I would prefer to see the Heer insignias to the Waffen SS ones. I don't think for a second that Rotorhead was implying that he is pro-nazi - but I could see where this might be inferred.

I build German vehicles 99% of the time, and yes, I do use the swastika symbol on my Afrika Korps ones... that doesn't mean I'm a Nazi - nor does it mean that I am anti-patriotic or anything. It has been conveyed to me in the past that I am somehow "un-American" because I don't really build US vehicles... that's OK - I just build for my own enjoyment, not to make political statements. People can read into that how ever they want to - I still have fun.

I do however disagree with your last statement..... we should NEVER forget about the atrocities committed by ALL parties involved. I think that remembering the past is a key part of avoiding such things in the future. History is history - good and bad.... I feel it is important to remember all aspects as opposed to just the "glorious" or "heroic" parts. Sometimes as modellers we tend to forget that war is an unpleasant buisness and the vehicles we build were designed to kill people..........

Anyway - I'll hop down off my soapbox now.... Sorry about that :-) I just have a strong personal feeling that we shouldn't judge other site members based on their avatar or rank insignia they choose to use. If there is an overwhelming demand for SS ranks, then I think they should be made availble as well. I don't think anybody would be making a political statement by choosing to use these ranks. I probably would use them... I'm going to use the Heer when they are done, but probably would use the SS if made available. However, I think that is a can-o-worms that Kencelot doesn't want to open. See what one comment by Rotorhead has done already ... hehe

Later-
Jeff
 _GOTOTOP