_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Allied and Axis Stowage
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 - 05:58 AM UTC
Black Dog has released two new stowage sets onto the market with one for the German Panzer IV and the other for the British Bishop SPG.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,192 posts
Armorama: 1,615 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 - 09:00 AM UTC
Not wholly convinced by the Panzer IV set - I can't see any tank crew blocking the turret escape hatches in this way...
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 - 09:02 AM UTC
Thanks, Darren, for this update. Like Steve, I have some concerns about whether the Pz. IV set represents historical reality or a stowage-maker coming up with a creative way to sell more resin. The Germans using the J were on the run and moving along interior lines. Does anyone have photos of tanks loaded up this way?
allycat
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 942 posts
Armorama: 571 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 - 09:33 AM UTC
I too doubt the Panzer IV set. It just doesn't seem sensible to block your exits. (HSE would go mad!)
The Bishop set looks pretty generic and maybe you could cross-dress other tank types with some of the pieces?
Tom
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 - 11:58 AM UTC
I also have concerns about the blocked hatches and I have asked Black Dog if they have any pictures on which this set was based.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 03:42 AM UTC
Although Black Dog castings are well cast and sharply defined, they have a habit of over-loading most of their pieces. And since a lot of their pieces are cast as one part you cannot separate it into different components. Some of their stuff is useable and some not so much.
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,191 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 03:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Although Black Dog castings are well cast and sharply defined, they have a habit of over-loading most of their pieces. And since a lot of their pieces are cast as one part you cannot separate it into different components. Some of their stuff is useable and some not so much.

Agreed. They've have some very nice castings, and I like how their stowage looks. However, they have a nasty habit of ignoring how these machines were actually used. This is not the first time they've covered up crew hatches, engine intakes, exhausts, etc.
 _GOTOTOP