_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
T90 gun tube
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 08:52 AM UTC
Hi all, for modelling purposes would the gun tube from a T72 be ok on a T90 i read their both 125mm smoothbore do they differ. my reason is I can get a replacement barrel for a T72 but not a T90 please excuse my ignorance Im new to modern armour.
okievit
Visit this Community
Cadiz, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 225 posts
Armorama: 206 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 10:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all, for modelling purposes would the gun tube from a T72 be ok on a T90 i read their both 125mm smoothbore do they differ. my reason is I can get a replacement barrel for a T72 but not a T90 please excuse my ignorance Im new to modern armour.

The most notably visible difference is that the T-72 barrel has 7 straps on the thermal sleeve, whereas the T-90 one has only 5.

Olaf
hugohuertas
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 1,013 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 12:11 AM UTC
You can take a look here :
http://www.soga-miniatures.com/index.php?productID=24595

Excellent online store, owned by Dimitri, a great guy
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 03:27 AM UTC
Many thanks for your help gents I have two choices now either buying from Dimitri or getting the RB barrel you have to attatche the strapping so I can just leave two off.Cheers
gammaflick
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 07:11 AM UTC
Quite honestly most modelers arent going to know. The only ones that do are the rivet counters. If you want to please them then there is a difference. Honestly those ppl get on my nerves sometimes.
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 10:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Many thanks for your help gents I have two choices now either buying from Dimitri or getting the RB barrel you have to attatche the strapping so I can just leave two off.Cheers

I have the ModelPoint T-90 barrel from Soga and its ok...the RB barrel is a better design (since it has holes in the barrel to put the PE cooling fins into and makes it harder to break them off accidently)

The issue with using the RB barrels is that the gun tips are quite different on the 2A46M-4 (found on the T-90) vs what RB gives you, which is fine for earlier 2A46M models used on the T-72 series.

With the Xact T-80 (with its screwed up 2A46M-1 barrel) and the Meng T-90 being out now, I'd expect to see more options for a 2A46M-1 and M-4 barrels in the next 30-90 days.

hugohuertas
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 11:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quite honestly most modelers arent going to know. The only ones that do are the rivet counters. If you want to please them then there is a difference. Honestly those ppl get on my nerves sometimes.

And how this helps or answers to the original question John posted????
If you like to build your models OOB, good for you. If other people want to add every little nut and bolt, so what? Its their hobbt, their time, and their money...
T-72, T-90, and T-80 gun barrels are different,period.
Some people notice this fact, some people don't.
Hey, some few people still believe that Tamiya's T-62 is good enough...
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 02:48 PM UTC
Hi Guys;

For my money I would use Model Points Barrels, and they make a wide range of 125mm with and without the thermo sleeve.
I would stay away from the RB item, its a Pain in the Ass to get it together, I finally threw mine in the Bay.

CHEERS; MIKE.
hugohuertas
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 03:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Guys;

For my money I would use Model Points Barrels, and they make a wide range of 125mm with and without the thermo sleeve.
I would stay away from the RB item, its a Pain in the Ass to get it together, I finally threw mine in the Bay.

CHEERS; MIKE.

Agree with you 100%
ruzzaa
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 189 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 08:55 AM UTC
Zvezda T-90 PE set w/ turned barrel

http://armoryhobbyshop.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=34237

SEDimmick
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 08:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

ModelPoint barrels are next to impossible to get...I've been trying to find the one without heat/thermal sleeve for the past couple months with no luck

you sure you have the right RB barrel? I'm talking about this one:

If anything, the Zvezda barrel is going to be just as bad together....and I have that set.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 12:50 PM UTC
Hi Scott;

I have all of the M.P. Barrels and they are by Far the Best ! You mite like too give Soga Miniatures a try, they are out of the Ukraine and are a pleasure too do business with. They are Fast and Very Friendly, and there Prices are very reasonable. They have Fast Delivery !
The RB item Looks Nice, BUT I will Never Buy another one
CHEERS; MIKE.
DerGeist
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 12:53 PM UTC
Just finished up painting my RB 125mm for a 72M build and I love the looks. With the right CA glue and some patience the bands aren't too bad to get on.

Erik
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 01:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Scott;

I have all of the M.P. Barrels and they are by Far the Best ! You mite like too give Soga Miniatures a try, they are out of the Ukraine and are a pleasure too do business with. They are Fast and Very Friendly, and there Prices are very reasonable. They have Fast Delivery !

I've used Soga in the past and no luck with them with the barrel I need. I wasn't impressed with the MP T-90 barrel...I don't care for the slot cut into the barrel...

corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 511 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 01:42 PM UTC
Just to add my two cents, I have the Eduard T-72 barrel and I'll be using that one for my T-90. It may not be totally accurate but that's the one I'm using.
 _GOTOTOP