_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Looking for a Sign (non religious:-)
Sveamore
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 19 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 02:31 PM UTC
Hi Guys,
No doubt it's been asked before but I am in need of a custom sign for the front of my wooden base that my Alpine 120mm figure is currently displayed on. I'm in Australia but am happy to go global. Years ago I used a small online shop in the UK which was great but can't remember who they are? So, any ideas or recommendations? Thanks in advance:-)
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 06:43 PM UTC
Hi Sven

A Google search for "custom made engraved plate" should yield enough results to keep you busy for a while

HTH

H.P.
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 10:15 PM UTC
I make my own signs in power point. Print it on a color laser printer, cut it to size, glue it on a piece of plastic card and voilą, you have a sign. You can even add color insignia etc.

Here's an example:
last pic of thie feature: M1A1 feature

Cheers!
Stefan
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 10:33 PM UTC
Another option would be to contact a cnc shop(I use custom awards and plaques shop). It shouldn't cost you more than a few dollars and you can have them blacken the script.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 11:04 PM UTC
Any local engraving shop can make them up,Jewelry stores and sports trophy shops.
Sveamore
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2013 - 02:05 AM UTC
Hi Henri Pierre,
Thanks for that, I tried Googling everything I could think of & got nowhere-fast. That's exactly what I was after Great stuff:-)

Stefan, I did do something similar a long time ago myself, always good to hear others versions too, thanks mate.

Matt & Dave, Another thank you as it's also a good idea.
Appreciate the help fellas:-)
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2013 - 02:58 AM UTC
I always get mine from a local trophy and awards shop. Any shop that makes trophies for sports teams, sports events or civic / business awards can engrave or print small plaques.

(In fact, I'm driving into town today to order one for my latest project.)

I write down on a 3x5 index card exactly what I want in so far as text and dimensions and attach that card to the work order when I go to the shop. Print legibly, especially if there're non-English or "officialese" acronyms or spellings in the title you want.

A nice option to consider is leaving enough room on either end for screws and having the shop drill the holes for you. The double-sided tape option can give way over time leaving you to glue the plaque back on.

Go local if you can. Much less hassle if there's a mistake, and it's good to throw your business to someone in your own town. Once you have an on-going relationship, the shop will often do you right by putting your small order ahead of the line or giving you a small price break to make a repeat customer happy. I usually get my little jobs in only a day or two.

HTH,
hofpig
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,330 posts
Armorama: 1,017 posts
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2013 - 03:09 AM UTC
This might have been the guys you were thinking of.

http://www.nameitplates.co.uk/index.htm

Paul
Sveamore
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2013 - 12:52 AM UTC
I hear you Mike, good advice too, thanks mate.

Paul that is indeed the site I used before &couldn't remember:-) Thanks a bunch. Wow!
 _GOTOTOP