_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Monogram T80B (1/72)
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 08:19 AM UTC
Greetings to all! After a very long time I have managed to finish this ancient 1/72 Monogram T-80B. It has proved to be a good testbed for learning new skills and relearning those lost after a long absence from the hobby. At the time I started building this beast I put it's Blog in the Braille Scale Forum and those that might be interested can find it at Monogram T80 Blog.

Here are the final images on its simple base:

Thanks to this forum I am aware that there are a few issues with this kit but I was still rather new to the hobby and both skill and knowledge of the subject were lacking. I've one more of these in the stash but I don't know if I'm up to scatching up all the same stuff again. When I get around to the next T-80 I might try to turn it into a different version. Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
Jan
UGBEAR
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 10:02 AM UTC
very impressive, gonna suit well in a table wargame
berndm
Visit this Community
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 844 posts
Armorama: 40 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 06:38 AM UTC
Hi Jan, you have brought this mediocre kit to an outstanding result. Well done !
Following your thread, was highly interesting and brought back some memories from my built.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 07:30 AM UTC
@berndm - Bernd,

Quoted Text

Hi Jan, you have brought this mediocre kit to an outstanding result. Well done !

Thank you very much! At this point I wish I could have done better, but such is life!

Quoted Text

Following your thread, was highly interesting and brought back some memories from my built.

I sincerely hope that in those memories were a few good ones. Out of curiosity, I reviewed the BLOG and it reopened what a nightmare the kit was to build. After reading the posts on two pages I began to question my sanity at the time. Thanks for dropping in and commenting.

Cheers,
Jan
 _GOTOTOP