_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M54 5-Ton Truck kit
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2003 - 04:55 AM UTC
Thanks for the info. Read the PM and replied.
darkstar
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2003 - 03:40 PM UTC
animal..i was sugestion a possiable charity donation..and if sold thru armorama..a bit could go to the site to help maintain it..but i dont know what kinda costs are involved..but you guys should recover your costs first..but like rotor said everybody here will benifit all the way around..and rotor i got dibs on the fourth copy...first two go to the authors..but i want mine signed...first addition and all...hang in there you guys thres always a light at the end of the tunnel...just takes firepower to get to it sometimes...my 2 cents...
Ray
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 04:52 AM UTC
Sorry for the delay in piping in to this conversation. I've been away in New York City shooting the "Bloommobile" and working on my project for NBC News. I must say I am incredibly impressed with how they've treated me and this project to date. Mighty impressed! Got to see my first blizzard in 22 years too! Everyone else was grumbling - but I was outside the hotel playing in the snow. Typical Californian...

I need to think more about the ideas brought forth in this thread. My committment to NBC News comes before anything else for the short term - as mentioned above. I'm not generally opposed to most of the ideas presented here either - just am haunted by experience...

I have bittersweet feelings about them because I have been burned several times in the past. I've extended a lot of help and technical assistance over the years - only to have the user turn around and not only profit from it - but not even give credit to the source. Some even go as far as to claim the ideas, methods, and techniques were their own brainchild. Others approach me personally via e-mail and demand I produce product(s) for them - instead of asking if I was willing to share or sell. I've turned down offers to master these types of conversion parts as well as shunned the idea(s) of going into the production business myself - principally because I like to model . Masters and production would eat up so much of my personal time as not to be worth it. And, lastly, there are a handful who actually think I present models on my Site specifically for them - demanding I set everything aside to "complete" that project for them! They want all of my research materials, photographs, drawings, technical manual information/scans, and decal plans - with nothing offered in return other than the complaint that "it isn't coming fast enough". This mentality was and still is shocking to me. I was harrassed by a modeler once recently to give him all of my truck dimensions and measurements through several e-mails so that they could build their model. The entire file and drawing(s) wound up on the 'Net - and credited to this person in a "brag article"! Then more demands came for another specific piece of equipment came up so that he could do another. The only way to stop the dogging was not to respond at all. Thank God for spam-blockers. It leads one to question notions of generosity and what it really means...

With the expansion of the Internet over the years - this "lifting of information" has only gotten worse. A copyright notice appears to mean nothing across international borders - and little inside one's borders. The only way I've found to effectively combat this is to not place anything in the public domain that I didn't intend to be copied.

I hope that doesn't come across as a refusal to share - I think I share way more than someone else who build miniatures on commission would and routinely does. But, the above experiences caution me...

Gunnie
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 09:38 AM UTC
Hey Gunnie glad to see you back. I am posting the photos of the conversion on my web page and will only give the measurements out to those that request it via e-mail or pm. I still do not have enough knowledge or the capital to vanity publish this at present time. But I still want to share the info with the members of Armorama. I think I have found the way as I have stated above. I have a few members that have requested the measurements and narritive instructions already. I will comply with their request as soon as I get it typed out in proper instruction format.
darkstar
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 01:15 PM UTC
welcome back gunnie.
.so now that you've seen first hand what we get in buffalo all the time..what do ya think..wish i coulda been there...would have gotten ya into a snow ball fight...lol..iam for one.always grateful for the help..that i recieve from you and animal...you two always seem to locate the the types of things i like to model..animals tanker and flatbed..and your lacrosse...and my resorces..and scratch skills are no where near you two.(just a dumb ole deisel driver)..anyways..i do hope you two can find it to
work you way thru..past bad experiances...and succeed...my two cents...Ray.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 03:58 AM UTC
Buffalo huh? Heh heh - I grew up in Cleveland - I know what snow and blizzards are all about! I left Cleveland when I was 17 to finish school and live in California. Since then, I haven't ventured into the snow - not even Lake Tahoe which is magnificent in winter. I don't have fond memories of shoveling 8 foot mounds of snow or freezing on street corners waiting for buses to go home after school.

But, New York City was fun! The snow was fun after all these years - probably because I was getting chauferred around and didn't have to shovel it. Perhaps this year, I will go to Lake Tahoe and find someone to throw a snoball at!

Gunnie
 _GOTOTOP