_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tamiya 1/48 KV-1 with Applique Armor
Volksjager13
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2013 - 08:42 PM UTC
Hi Everyone

This is the first completed model I am posting up on the forum here. I had a break from modeling in my teenage years and started up again recently. I used to make only aircraft but am enjoying armor more this time around.

Anyhow let me know what you think of this one. Was a great kit to build and everything fell into place. This is one of the Tamiya kits with the metal cast bottom so it carries some weight. Its finished with Vajello model air paints and weathered with oils and pigments.

Cheers
Jason

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2013 - 10:09 PM UTC
Welcome back. Glad to hear you have left the wingy things. Tanks don't fall out of the sky. Well, not without a parachute. Looks like you have mastered a few techniques. I like that the tracks match the weathering on the rest of the tank. Just subtle enough to be seen as reflective of the rest of the build. I look forward to seeing some more of your work.
Volksjager13
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 01:57 PM UTC
I just took this photo for another forum to give the guys a sense of scale. I also collect militaria from WW1 and WW2 so this is the KV-1 with a WW2 Order of the Red Star.

Jason
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 11:17 PM UTC
Now, all I need is to know how large the Order of the Red Star badge is. Can't remember how large the one I saw in a Russian museum was.
Volksjager13
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 11:27 PM UTC
lol, sorry about that. Its a militaria forum so they know about these sort items. From point to point the star is about 48mm across

Jason
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,465 posts
Armorama: 2,383 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 04:10 PM UTC
Hello Jason, This is a fantastic build man! You've done a whole lot right on this KV-1 and ill be damned if i can a thing wrong anywhere! Your a natural fella and id like to see your next project. I just Finished the 1/48 Africa Corps Tiger and i really enjoy this scale. SO....bring on tha next Jason! Well done man.

Gary
Volksjager13
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 - 03:14 AM UTC
Thanks for the great comments Gary, much appreciated. I have actually been watching your Tiger and I really like how you built it, love your weathering and attention to detail.

Cheers
Jason
 _GOTOTOP