_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
drybrushing barrels ect
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Armorama: 1,209 posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2003 - 09:26 AM UTC
I've just painted my 50.cal in humrol metalcoat now should I buff it up now and drybrush later or dry brush some stell on to it and buff up once it's all dry or anyother styles you chaps use?
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2003 - 10:06 AM UTC
What I usually do is to paint it in a very dark flat gray then, once dry, give a black wash and finally give some graphite applied "by finger" on the raised details instead of drybrushing...
Ciao
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2003 - 10:14 AM UTC
I usually start of black ... heavy dry brush with gun metal and then a very light dry brush of silver. Followed by a wash or two ... depending on what washes I have for the rest of the figure. Burnt umber or black or both! In 1/35 scale a little silver, very light shows up the detail that is normally hard to see. I like the result of this .. but thats me!
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2003 - 01:51 PM UTC
Mike,
What I would do is buff it first then dry brush very lightly with bright silver, I've done that and had it turn out very nice. Go easy on the buffing, I've had some of the humbrol metalcoat flake off when I buffed too hard.

Cheers,
Mike
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2003 - 02:27 PM UTC
I use the same method as Plastic, I find the Testors Metalizer (airbrush only) is a great metal paint. Of couse like many modlers, I disregard the title and use it as a drybrush product (it works just fine)
 _GOTOTOP