_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
1/35 Tamiya Leclerc Series 2
hummingbird
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 120 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 10:13 PM UTC
Welcome to yet another finished product, ladies and gents. This year has been a pretty good year for me, Modelling wise. I picked up so many skills from my books and magazines and I am on a building spree. This time, I will be adding a Tamiya 1/35 LeClerc Series 2 to my finished kits line.
As you know, I'm striving to improve myself and would appreciate feedback, comments, tips and advices again.

The whole story regarding this build can be found on my blog post.
http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/135-tamiya-leclerc-series-2.html
I don't want to fill the forum with so many pics ( its already hard enough to post pics here LOL ) and a rather long post. Please do have a look. Thanks in advance for any feed back you guys might have.
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,465 posts
Armorama: 2,383 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 04:06 PM UTC
Hello Gary, Thats a mighty fine Leclerc ya built right there! Great paint and weathering....well done sir!

Gary
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 01:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello Gary, Thats a mighty fine Leclerc ya built right there! Great paint and weathering....well done sir!

Gary

Thank you soo much, Gary ... much appreciated sir
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 09:28 PM UTC
Gary,
you've got a nice Leclerc (no capital C) but I have some points though.
The inner padding of the hatches is black. This is a kind of rubber-foam.
The fuel drums at the back are unused on real tanks except for maybe exhibitions or shows.
I can't see what colors you used for the uniforms. The actual tank suit is 4-color or plain green.
Oh and a last point, AMX-56 does not exist in the French denomination. The Leclerc has been named EPC (Engin principal de combat which means Main Combat Vehicle) at the beginning before getting its final name.
Welcome in the world of modern French armor

Olivier
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 03:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gary,
you've got a nice Leclerc (no capital C) but I have some points though.
The inner padding of the hatches is black. This is a kind of rubber-foam.
The fuel drums at the back are unused on real tanks except for maybe exhibitions or shows.
I can't see what colors you used for the uniforms. The actual tank suit is 4-color or plain green.
Oh and a last point, AMX-56 does not exist in the French denomination. The Leclerc has been named EPC (Engin principal de combat which means Main Combat Vehicle) at the beginning before getting its final name.
Welcome in the world of modern French armor

Olivier

Many thanks Olivier. Greatly appreciate the point outs.The Uniforms are actually Nato Green, Nato Brown, Nato black and Buff. My doo-doo move with the wash screwed up the paint job soo bad that it became like what u see now.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013 - 08:51 AM UTC
You're welcome Gary.
I'd have used some Tamiya XF49 Khaki instead of the Buff. You're good for the other three colors.
 _GOTOTOP