_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Bronco M24 Chaffee
MeowMix
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 34 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 03:30 AM UTC
My 10th build. This one is another oob build with a few stowage addons from tamiya. I applied a white wash into it though Im not sure if it historically had it. The kit took a week to build. It's extremely complex and is not suitable for those who want a quick build. The most annoying part is assembling the tracks. Its so easy to put it together but also too easy to break it apart while attaching it to the wheels.

Here are the pics:

I need to improve on building dio. I wanna add tall static grasses but I dunno how to make them

GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 03:47 AM UTC
I think you've got a fine model here. I also like where you are with the display base, I get a feeling of desolation and cold when I look at it. Maybe you should consider a scorched earth terrain display like you've got now, it brings focus back to your miniature.
MeowMix
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 34 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 05:13 AM UTC
Thanks for the response. This is my first time on doing a base for my kit. I originally wanted to do a snow terrain but I don't know hot to re-produce snow. I've heard about baking soda but some says it turns yellow over time.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 05:31 AM UTC
Not to steal your thread, but here's some suggestions...

This is done with Railroad Scenics "Snow" and Snow-Coat from Small Shop EU dusted over top in places for a little sparkle. You don't have to go overboard to convey the season or period and blanket your miniature and base with snow. I did this several years ago, and it won't yellow.

This one is about as heavy as I care to go - and it displays all the snow mediums I have on the workbench. It simulates icicles, new fallen snow, old crusty snow, sleet, and rainfall mixed with typical grime, dust, mud and muck tanks find themselves in over a period of several days out in the field on exercise.

Hopefully, you can get an idea of which way you want to go with your miniature with these photos.
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,191 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 05:55 AM UTC
I recently did my first snow cover, and actually just sprayed my groundwork white. It actually came out pretty decently. I'll try to shoot a couple of photos tonight. Given, it was a small base with just ground cover, no trees, fences, rocks, or other features.
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 769 posts
Armorama: 461 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 01:36 PM UTC
Ansel,
A really excellent job, but I see two small things that need correcting. The jerry can on the front fender doesn't look like it's strapped down to anything, and the other jerry can on the right side is a modern one, way after WWII.

Jesse
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 11:38 PM UTC
Superb weathering and attention to detail(excepting the jerry cans).
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2013 - 11:26 PM UTC
I would leave the grass OUT and keep it just this way as I like it best!

~ Jeff
Youngun
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 587 posts
Armorama: 550 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 12:02 AM UTC
anyone else notice the 40mm ammo can on the stowage deck
 _GOTOTOP