_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
civil cars for dio
80a2
Visit this Community
Flevoland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 144 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 04:38 AM UTC
Anybody interested for modern civilian cars for there diorama,
well foundthis brand Hornby that makes model trains and they have a set of 1:32 modern rally cars. Well with a bit of conversion work it will make them look like civil cars.
Just bought the mitsubishi Lancer evo 7 rally car and started the conversion... whole interior must be scratsh build but I have a modern car that goes well with my modern tanks.
Anyway the kit's are so call'd starters kits and they come with paint and glue. The parts are not on sprues but separatly molded. The detail on the car is good for such a kit.
conclusion: Must be one of the few modern cars on the market for a good price, but still a lot of work to do.
I pay'd €10,95 for the kit.
Ther is also a ford focus WRC and a subaru inpresa WRC and some far more harder to convert race cars that have no really civilian version.

hope this helps for everybody that is looking for diorama cars
Golikell
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 914 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 08:31 PM UTC
Does anyone know of civvy cars of the WW2 era (I already have the Matchbox Citroën), except for the very expensive resin kit makers?
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 02:00 AM UTC

Tamiya may have just the thing for you. These little monsters are 1/32, but you can pass them on a diorama fur sure.
Leave the big wheels and the gear installation in the box (or assemble it for the kids - that's what I have done) and just use the top part. With normal wheels, these machines are perfect for your dio. I suggest you go to the hobby shop (most carry these babies) and check them out. The top is quite detailed, and with some additional work you can make this work for sure !!!
There. Job done.

80a2
Visit this Community
Flevoland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 144 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 04:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Tamiya may have just the thing for you. These little monsters are 1/32, but you can pass them on a diorama fur sure.
Leave the big wheels and the gear installation in the box (or assemble it for the kids - that's what I have done) and just use the top part. With normal wheels, these machines are perfect for your dio. I suggest you go to the hobby shop (most carry these babies) and check them out. The top is quite detailed, and with some additional work you can make this work for sure !!!
There. Job done.

Thanks for the tip. Only you would still have to get right wheels.... that's a hard part.
Lucky those rally wheels are almost like the civil ones.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 08:13 AM UTC
I used one of these for the Toyota Land Cruiser in my 1st Armored Div in Bosnia dio . Took the body and mated it to a Land Rover frame, almost a drop on. Scratch built interior and used wheels from a 3/4 ton Dodge. Came out pretty good, if I say so myself. Warning on the Van though, it is way too small for 1/32 scale. I bought it too and it was smaller than the LandCruiser. I couldn't use it. Don't know about the others you show.
jackhammer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 357 posts
Armorama: 310 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 - 09:31 AM UTC
Guys....go to greatmodels, hit database and type 1/32 cars........then go to airfix. 1/32nd triumph, midget, and 1 or 2 more. getting the Triumph for a dio myself.For a vietnam or other area that has older japanese vehicles, try the Arii manufacturer. Great stuff for the potential "offbeat" subject matter.
Hope it helps.......also take a look at the 56 Cadillac Eldorado or coupe by....... DAMN .....I'll find it .....can't believe I built one of these and can't remember the manufacturers name ....... Yup! T hat's the name..... should have known ..........Gunze Sangyo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 11:13 AM UTC
i found 1:36th (sixth) scale metal cars in the Grocery Store... i have a '39 Duesenberg, and a 1940 Woody Wagon, plus a pick up truck...

Also, i recently won a set of 4 plastic 1:40th scale 1915-1930 cars that were made as small kits by Revell many years ago... they look fantiastic as destroyed or abandoned service vehicles. They are from a series call "Pioneers of the Automobile", and there were 6 kits total.

i will post pictures soon.
 _GOTOTOP