_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns: Active Campaigns
Campaigns that are either in planning or underway should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Copters 'N Choppers Campaign
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 07:45 AM UTC
After the second 1/48th scale Campaign building the Aurora kit I went on a helicopter kit spending spree, finding some very unusual birds to build.

Now I wonder... would anyone be interested in such a group build?

I think as long as it's not started we can include all scales, any type of service (both military and civilian) and of course, any brand of kit.

Who's interested?

~ Jeff
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 - 12:46 PM UTC
Sure I'm game. I've got a 1/35 Dragon AH-6J Little Bird in the stash. Picked it up on sale a while back and it keeps getting put off being built.

Time? Duration?

You may want to post over on Aeroscale as well.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 - 02:52 PM UTC
I like this idea!

Mike

P.S. Consider Copter's 'N Chopper's
IronOwl
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 572 posts
Armorama: 302 posts
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 - 03:23 PM UTC
Panther sounds like a good build idea I have a AH-1 Cobra but i'm in so many build right now what kinda time frame you looking at

Sascha(Ironowl)
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 - 03:46 PM UTC
Nice one Jeff !

Consider posting at Aeroscale,

Rotary Wing Forum

& Air Campaigns

I'm pretty sure you'll have lots of interested members both on Armorama & Aeroscale !!!

Guess we have another Campaignholic
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 - 11:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice one Jeff !

Consider posting at Aeroscale,

Rotary Wing Forum

& Air Campaigns

I'm pretty sure you'll have lots of interested members both on Armorama & Aeroscale !!!

Guess we have another Campaignholic

Okay, I'll look into that and give it a whirl! In the meantime, would you please John edit the title of this thread to Copters 'N Choppers please? I was trying to something witty but Mikes sounds better!

I believe something a little outside the box is needed and since this is a "Military Scale Modeling" forum and wings and blades have been built on here before I thought maybe a little breather from armor was needed.

If it doesn't pan out, oh well. Thanks to everyone who is showing interest!

~ Jeff
drabslab
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
Armorama: 190 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 02:57 AM UTC
Hai,

I am a aeroscale regular and Have posted what is below already on the aeroscale forum. For completeness sake, here it is again:

I am always interested in a helicopter campaign.

Question is what such campaign would be doing on armorama.

Kitmaker has been split up (for good reasons) into seperate communities: armorama for AFV, shipbuilder for anything floating, aeroscale for anything flying.

Distorting that principle does not sound like a very good idea to me. Whij do you not start a chopper campaign on aeroscale? Or would it seem appropriate that Aeroscale launches a campain dedicated to the Sherman tank?

Ok, all this sounds a bit negative but before enlisting, I would like to hear the views of some staff on this matter
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 03:41 AM UTC
Yeah, I thought it was a bit of a weird one to propose. The only way I could see it working is a dio of troops either debussing into an LZ or extracting. Just my two pennies worth. Probably better on the flyingy things side to be honest. It'd get a lot more interest. I do vehicles and figures so it's not really my thing.
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 03:54 AM UTC
Hi guys,

I think this Campaign can be proposed on both sites, Armorama & Aeroscale.
There are plenty of Choppers that can fit a diorama with figures / APC's / refueling trucks etc.. on various scales.

It just needs to be proposed / approved on both sites.

PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 04:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hai,

I am a aeroscale regular and Have posted what is below already on the aeroscale forum. For completeness sake, here it is again:

Kitmaker has been split up (for good reasons) into seperate communities: armorama for AFV, shipbuilder for anything floating, aeroscale for anything flying.

Distorting that principle does not sound like a very good idea to me. Whij do you not start a chopper campaign on aeroscale? Or would it seem appropriate that Aeroscale launches a campain dedicated to the Sherman tank?

Ok, all this sounds a bit negative but before enlisting, I would like to hear the views of some staff on this matter

I don't think it's negative but let's take the blinders off for awhile. I do not believe that man can live alone on building just armor, and there are plenty of aircraft being built RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW on various Campaigns, it's just because they cannot be seen for the titles of the Campaign.

Like the 1/48th Scale Campaigns. For the second one I built a Cobra helicopter and for the third one (and current one), a V-2 rocket. There are a few that are building aircraft too like the Harrier.

Let's see... there have been trains, trucks and JEEPs, all of which are not armor but don't fly. So I thought I'd take a chance and see if a few armor guys want to take a tiny break from the usual and build something different. Nothing to get our dander all in an uproar... just being creative.

Wait 'till the next one I think up... maybe I can slide a Sci-Fi Campaign under everyone's nose? I build those too!

~ Jeff
drabslab
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 05:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hai,

I don't think it's negative but let's take the blinders off for awhile. I do not believe that man can live alone on building just armor, and there are plenty of aircraft being built RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW on various Campaigns, it's just because they cannot be seen for the titles of the Campaign.

Like the 1/48th Scale Campaigns. For the second one I built a Cobra helicopter and for the third one (and current one), a V-2 rocket. There are a few that are building aircraft too like the Harrier.

Let's see... there have been trains, trucks and JEEPs, all of which are not armor but don't fly. So I thought I'd take a chance and see if a few armor guys want to take a tiny break from the usual and build something different. Nothing to get our dander all in an uproar... just being creative.

Wait 'till the next one I think up... maybe I can slide a Sci-Fi Campaign under everyone's nose? I build those too!

~ Jeff

Its nothing but excellent that armour builders are also moving towards something else for achange. I am doing the same with a leopard or Gerard or ... from time to time.

And please go ahead with the campaign if that is what you feel doing, I will gladly participate.

However, this site has a long history, years ago there was only armorama, the site became disorganised and therefore the various sub-sites were created.

I just wanted to warn that this campaign on armorama would somewhat compromise the decisions taken back then and think that we have a personal interest in keeping the site coherent.

For the rest, be assured that idid not attempt accusing you of anything nasty.. I happily join your campaign
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 07:01 AM UTC
Just designate it as a Kitmaker University Campaign. It has a lot of crossover between armor and aircraft crowds. Besides, the more the merrier.
drabslab
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 08:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just designate it as a Kitmaker University Campaign. It has a lot of crossover between armor and aircraft crowds. Besides, the more the merrier.

Splendid idea, what do you think Jeff?

If you launch it, I'm in

It would be great having some diorama builders in. Usually aircraft builders are not so active when it comes to diorama building
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 09:59 AM UTC
Oh... what's a little controversy and drama! I love it!

I don't care if I have to create 9 more fictitious members just to get this approved... it's going to happen, so climb aboard and enjoy the ride.

Smooth sailing (err, flying) is guaranteed.

~ Jeff
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 10:18 AM UTC
Jeff,

What a very interesting idea indeed!! How long would the campaign last & would a Chopped up Chopper be ok??
I have an idea for a dio, but the chopper would be the only part made so as such it wouldn't be fully finished as in weathered completely or secured to it's final home as such

Cheers Mike
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 11:22 AM UTC
Hey Mike!

Well, I really haven't checked with John yet but was thinking the first of the year and maybe 8 months? That way us armor guys can take our time and relax with the kit & learn something and if the fly-fly boyz join in they can show us how it's done?

Sound good? How's about it John?

I have about 4 1/72 kits that are fairly interesting (at least to me) so that's what I'll be working with.

~ Jeff
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 07:26 PM UTC
Sounds good Jeff !

Check with the Aeroscale thread to see if you have 10 guys interested.. and go for it.
drabslab
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 11:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jeff,

What a very interesting idea indeed!! How long would the campaign last & would a Chopped up Chopper be ok??
I have an idea for a dio, but the chopper would be the only part made so as such it wouldn't be fully finished as in weathered completely or secured to it's final home as such

Cheers Mike

A dio! very interesting, that is definitively something the fly-boys-girls can learn something about
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 03:41 AM UTC
I think Ill give up this idea mainly because of too many negative ideas and comments. I don't normally run at the first sign of trouble but this is supposed to be for fun and it's not a job.

Moderators can lock this thread.

~ Jeff
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 06:58 AM UTC
I have a better idea which would seem to meet everyones needs. How about Aeroscale members build the Air Force and civilian chopers and Armorama members build Army machines. The campaigns could run at the same time and come together at the end? It would mean posting links to each campaign once in a while but it could be fun.
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 12:30 PM UTC
Hi Jeff,
I personally think it is a great shame that this won't now get off the ground so to speak. I would have loved to have been involved even at the snails pace I build at!!
As for the nay Sayers variety is the spice of life lol
If you change your mind I will gladly pull my whirly bird back out of the wardrobe
Cheers Mike
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 01:04 PM UTC
A shame. I thought this could be a great crossover campaign. It's not like there aren't others out there already like the Steel Wheels, Unfinished Business, and Big Cats Campaigns...just to name a few.

Oh well...the Little Bird goes back on the shelf.
 _GOTOTOP