_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
german 88mm flak gun.
bat-213
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 788 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 09:40 AM UTC
hi guys just bought this kit,tamiya. can you tell me if this kit is a good one or not.as a rule I build us,uk kits,i have built a kit of this sort.the kit has a crew and a zunlap mc.so any help or thoughts would be great,thanks for your time to see my post.

thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 11:58 AM UTC
Hi Roy ...Tamiya's 88 has been around for a heck of a long time ...I remember wanting this kit when I was a kid so it's old!! Is it nice sure it is a nice kit ...is it up to the new Dragon kits? No ...but can still look fine .. So have fun and get started!

Rick
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 03:17 PM UTC
Rick has it right. At its release, it was one of the most detailed kits ever in 1/35. It still builds up nicely. One mistake to note in the notes in the directions: for some reason, Tamiya states that the Flak 37 was anti-tank and the Flak 36 was anti-aircraft. That statement is utter trash. Both were built and designed as FlaK guns (anti-aircraft guns) -- that also had the additional ability to fire at ground targets (i.e. tanks) directly or indirectly (used as artillery).

Whoever at Tamiya was doing the research on that factoid was a bit off.
bat-213
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 788 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 06:15 PM UTC
thanks guys I will keep that in mind,and the kit was on sale anyway.thanks for your repys.
 _GOTOTOP