_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
aavp-7a1 completed 1:35 hobby boss
sopmod89
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 07:47 AM UTC
Love rustall , made some mud with a mix of tan paint and putty. this is my first ever afv build it isnt perfect , i took alot of time building up the interior only to glue the rear door shut because it wouldn't stay on any other way but i would say the doors are the only thing that gave me real trouble.

Anatoli
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 85 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 10:43 AM UTC
Ambitious. The Hobbyboss kit is definitely a tricky beast to tackle, and even some experienced armour builders have trouble with camouflage. My recommendation for next time would be to get your hands on some artists' pastels, they're a bit easier to work with for beginners and a lot cheaper then Mig Pigments, and try experimenting by just dabbing it on your model with an old brush. Here's the basic result on the lower hull and roadwheels of a Stryker.

Best of luck on your next one.
sopmod89
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 - 10:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ambitious. The Hobbyboss kit is definitely a tricky beast to tackle, and even some experienced armour builders have trouble with camouflage. My recommendation for next time would be to get your hands on some artists' pastels, they're a bit easier to work with for beginners and a lot cheaper then Mig Pigments, and try experimenting by just dabbing it on your model with an old brush. Here's the basic result on the lower hull and roadwheels of a Stryker.

Best of luck on your next one.

Very nice , would love to find a affordable stryker to build as well. Im finding there are so many different methods you can use it is hard to pick one i suppose i will have to try them all if i can find the time and money.
 _GOTOTOP