_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Yet Another Churchill :D
MeowMix
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 34 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 - 11:40 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

This Churchill was started a month ago, just finished it yesterday. As you may know, this build is just another rinaldi-inspired armor. I acquired TankArt and wanted a fast build where I could practice and apply the techniques learned from Mike's book. So I quickly purchased a churchill tank, which at that time only a Tamiya Churchill VII was available on my LHS. This build is OOB with the exception of Friul Tracks.

Build was fast and took me 3 days. Painting and weathering is where I wanted to develop my skills on so I decided that this stage should take more than a couple of weeks.

The model was primed with Vallejo primer then painted using Tamiya Olive Drab mixed with Buff/Dark Yellow. Model was weathered the same way as Mike did using layers so I went on to apply washes and subtle effects on the green armor before applying the first coat of whitewash.

After the first whitewash has been chipped, further weathering has been applied this time focusing on the sides and lower part. Heavy washes and OPR followed.

*This is an unfinished kit and probably will never be because I moved on to another project. I didn't bother to add the ropes on the sides so you'll see some holes in there*

*This may seem overly inspired by Mike's way of weathering and I understand that every modeler has their own unique way of bringing their models to life. As a beginner (~6 months of modeling experience) I am happy with what I achieved and hopefully in the future I would be able to develop my own techniques*

more photos at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scaled-Down/389604974474282

thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 - 11:59 AM UTC
Wow ! 6 months???????? very nice work ..the only thing I can see is you either need to add the tow ropes or fill in the holes on the hull sides..
It's hats off to Mike Rinaldi for doing books that can help people get this good so fast.. I rhink I'm going to take up knitting or something...

Rick
Thundergrunt
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 657 posts
Armorama: 481 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 - 04:50 PM UTC
AMAZING!!
 _GOTOTOP