_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
1/35 Academy Humvee with Nato camouflage
VitorCosta
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 04:14 AM UTC
Hello friends

Another AFV, this is the first camouflaged that I build. I was very fun to paint it and even more to do the weathering.

I don’t like to see (even if is “real” and we can see it in the original stuff) AFV with tons of mud and scratches all over the place, so I want to make a used but not old Humvee.

This is the Academy kit, not being an expert I notice some issues (flash in some parts, ejector mark in some places, lack of detail etc) but even with them is a great start to make this American vehicle, I loved to build this and im sure I will build some more, probably the new ones with all that extra armor plates that make them even more beautiful!

Now I will start (a slow construction) one Leopard 2A6.

The green and the brown were made by me, I didn’t have the colors and I didn’t want to wait more time and as soon as i could I started the paint process. Now that I already have the Tamiya paint I see that I have done it very very close to what is advised by the kit maker.

Well I hope you like It so much as I did during the building process.

The kit is 95% done, I want to put a gun and antennas but I don’t have it yet, I will place the kit on a display base and then I will take the final pictures

Thank you for looking

Best regards from Portugal

Vitor Costa
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,523 posts
Armorama: 710 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 05:26 AM UTC
Looks pretty good to me. The Brown might be a little light, but hey It is camo and no two look alike. Pattern will be close if done at factory, but colors vary, so don't sweat that. One small thing though that was brought to my attention by a friend and Humvee freak is the straps for the Hood are always black rubber and not painted. Looks good at a quick glance though, keep-em coming.

J
modelpanzer
Visit this Community
Portugal
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 106 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 09:20 AM UTC
Fabulous my dear friend

José César
VitorCosta
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 01:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks pretty good to me. The Brown might be a little light, but hey It is camo and no two look alike. Pattern will be close if done at factory, but colors vary, so don't sweat that. One small thing though that was brought to my attention by a friend and Humvee freak is the straps for the Hood are always black rubber and not painted. Looks good at a quick glance though, keep-em coming.

J

Hello, thank you for your words. You are right about everything you said, and im glad you did it! I want to improve so, nothing better than have someone that know's about it telling us the things that are not good.
Thank you for your opinion, i will correct the Hood, the brown i will correct it in the next one
Cheers
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 01:42 AM UTC
Lovely model. Simple and high standard.
Too many over-complicate their model and something looses out. This is a great example of keeping it simple and concentrating on whats important. End result is a quality model!!
 _GOTOTOP