_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tamiya SAS Jeep Finished photos.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
Armorama: 1,512 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 11:48 AM UTC
Hello Everyone,

I haven't posted any photos in the constructive feedback forum for a while. So here goes. Comments are always welcome.

I just took some new photos of this jeep, I finished it a few months back for a campaign.

In some ways I like how it turned out, in others, not so much.

Base Kit is the old Tamiya 1/35 British Special Air Service Jeep.

Scratch built racks made from brass stock, resin and plastic bits from the spares box.

This is also my very first attempt at the Hairspray Technique.

Thanks for looking.

Delbert
Steel_Spektor
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 74 posts
Armorama: 68 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 06:00 PM UTC
Looks pretty good mate. Perhaps remove some of the jerry cans and replace them with other bits and pieces? And try to pick out some details of the guns.
panorama
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 254 posts
Armorama: 253 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 07:31 PM UTC
I think picking out details would help the jeep too. I suggest a pin wash with a dark colour around the details to highlight them. The distribution of wear does not convince me entirely. Some of the jerry cans turned out nice. But i.e. the sides where the soldiers enter the jeep or put their feet during rest and ride look rather new. The same accounts for handles and other areas of typicla wear. Maybe you add some more chipping/weathering there. Reverence pictures help there a lot. Doesn´t have to be a SAS jeep either. Any picture of a Jeep or Mutt will suffice.
Wheels and steering wheel are a bit too grey in my oppinion. A black wash might help with the wheels. For the steering wheel my suggestion would be a satin black and a middle grey dry brushing.
If you decide to go the extra mile, let us see the results. Looking forward for your posts.

cheers

Michael

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2013 - 01:24 AM UTC
Hi Delbert,

Agree with Michael's comments, some dust on the wheels would help too. If you have a camo net, some water bottles and helmets plus any other kit you might pack in that will add some additional interest. The weathering on you side mounted jerry cans looks good but for me it's a bit over done on the top mounted ones. Don't forget to add some sand trays and a few spades to dig out the jeep when it gets bogged down. The side mounted Bren gun looks out of place so I'd remove that.

Remember you could add the odd German helmet or weapon is you like.

The weathering on parts of the vehicle is very good, a pencil will help add some shinny bits where things have become worn.

As Michael says if you decide to take it further post up some progress shots.

Cheers

Al
struman1
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 - 01:27 AM UTC
Nice work but the color is a little too flat and monotone. Try some filters and some pin washes. Your guns could use some metal highlites to bring out the detail. I would suggest looking at Mig Blog or go to the AK Interactive Website. Their ideas have totally changed the way I look at armour modelling. Not hard to do with some practice.
 _GOTOTOP