_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
German Leopard my first diorama
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 08:42 AM UTC
Hey guys here are some pictures I took of my first diorama, since I started modeling armor two weeks ago, there are a bunch of first's here in these, my first nato camo scheme, you'd think I'd done of these from building planes, but never did, my first home made mud via baking soda, turned out ok I guess, and my first diorama, these revel tracks simply would not stay glued and would not assemble for pish posh, so I scrapped the assembled idea and decided to a diorama of a broken in the field tank.

I had a real tough time with this revel tank, instructions were beyond poor, the parts sprues were not lettered, only numbered, so I spent almost 3 to 5 five minutes per part, just looking for the damn things. fit and finish was ok, I had some reviews on this kit, and a lot of guys liked building it, maybe I just suck at this kit, I don't know?

Anyways here are some pics of my first diorama, the idea came to me after I couldn't get the tracks to glue and stay together. I will be adding more snow material, I used baking soda this go around, but I did order some snow material used for model trail layouts, so once I pick that up, I will add more and try to get it more realistic.

Anyways here are some pics

Thanks for looking, and any tips help or advice, is greatly appreciated!!!!!
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 09:25 AM UTC
Looks like a Leopard, to me. The base is quite nice. My only cc is that the broken track, would not stick out from the sprocket. The links should hang down.
grimmo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 02:56 PM UTC
that's a great effort! good composition, i'd add a figure, either a mechanic laughing at it, or a pissed off crewman!
v1kt0r
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 43 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2013 - 05:39 AM UTC
Some parts are wrong on the Leo.
They are Dutsh smoke launcher on a German Leopard.
The cages on the rear of the turret are wrong mounted.
 _GOTOTOP