_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Amusing Hobby 1/35 Panzerkampfwagen VII Lowe
hummingbird
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 120 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 05:18 AM UTC
Good day to you Gents.

Well, here comes yet another finished kit from me. This time, it's a paper-panzer from a relative new company called Amusing Hobby. And the vehicle is called '' Lowe ''

I decided to buy a set of voyager etch for this baby regardless of its own etch parts and this will be the last time I will buy Voyager. It's too complicated. Anyway, most of the tank is build out of box apart from the voyager set, the IR devices, the commander cupola replacement and roughing up the cast texture even more.
The IR devices was bought from Great Wall Hobby and one salvaged from my Trumpeter E-100.
The Commander cupola was, in my opinion, directly behind the breech so I moved a bit further to the left like the Tigers or Panthers.
The cast texture was roughened up even more just for some visual interest.
I also bought a box of Tamiya German Tank crew so that I can both add more visual interest and practice painting figure.

I painted this all in Tamiya colours; dark yellow, red brown and olive green. Clear green was used for the optics. Chippings were made with hair-spray and I chipped with hull-red to show the primer colours. Only a small amount of chipping with Camo Black-Brown was made. The crew were painted with Vallejo for the skins, Tamiya and Vallejo for the uniforms ( I am ,however, not happy with the condition of the figures)

The close ups shots for the muds, the crew. the on-board equipment, the exhaust, the wheels and as usual, my show case photos from various angles can be found on my blog so just follow the link ( I had to take a lot of photos so sorry guys )

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/amusing-hobby-135-panzerkampfwagen-vii.html

Thanks in advance for any feed back you guys might have. Thank you guys for always supporting me.
Until Next time.
USMC6094
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 51 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 06:53 AM UTC
looks good to me, I really dig the weathering
AFVFan
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 03:42 PM UTC
Looks pretty good, Gary. Nice paint, great job showing wear on the markings. The only thing I saw that you need to keep in mind for future builds is that the handles for the wire cutters were made out of bakelite. They should be a reddish-brown, not wood toned.

The voyager PE does get pretty detailed, but it's hard to complain about the results when it's all finished.
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 01:37 PM UTC
I think you did a great job! nice work
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 07:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

looks good to me, I really dig the weathering

Many thanks
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 07:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks pretty good, Gary. Nice paint, great job showing wear on the markings. The only thing I saw that you need to keep in mind for future builds is that the handles for the wire cutters were made out of bakelite. They should be a reddish-brown, not wood toned.

The voyager PE does get pretty detailed, but it's hard to complain about the results when it's all finished.

Ah.. that I have never known. Bakelite eh ? Many thanks for the heads up. Now I can paint the next ones in proper colour.
The Voyager is quite detailed, yes.. but I don't want to burden myself with too much steps u know... that's why
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 07:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think you did a great job! nice work

Thank you so much
AFVFan
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 08:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ah.. that I have never known. Bakelite eh ? Many thanks for the heads up. Now I can paint the next ones in proper colour.
The Voyager is quite detailed, yes.. but I don't want to burden myself with too much steps u know... that's why

Here's a pic of a couple of different styles of the cutters. A pretty wide range of colors for the bakelite is evident.

I can understand you're feelings on the Voyager sets. You can spend a lot of time trying to do the complete set. A lot of times I won't use it all, but I do like the old adage that it's better to have too much, than not enough. The leftovers eventually get used on other builds.
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 - 01:07 AM UTC
Great work !
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 06:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Great work !

Thank you
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 06:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Here's a pic of a couple of different styles of the cutters. A pretty wide range of colors for the bakelite is evident.

I can understand you're feelings on the Voyager sets. You can spend a lot of time trying to do the complete set. A lot of times I won't use it all, but I do like the old adage that it's better to have too much, than not enough. The leftovers eventually get used on other builds.

WOW.. thnak you thank you thank you thank you ....
 _GOTOTOP