_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Trying to Build Tasca's M4A3E8
Brad-M
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 402 posts
Armorama: 393 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 12:02 PM UTC
Hi Guys,

I am trying to fit the final drive assembly to the lower hull and the front portion of the sponson seems to be obstructing a good fit. Does the FDA fit inside the front portion of the lower hull or dies it fit flush against it? Very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brad
Totalize
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 743 posts
Armorama: 549 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 12:30 PM UTC
Brad,

I built this kit some time ago and can't remember exactly how the fit goes but as I recall the lower part of the FDA fits inside of the bolt strip which you have to glue to the lower hull. The sides of the lower hull each have a vertical strip of bolts while the FDA has a lip with open bolt holes on either side. This fits inside the lower hull sides when joining so that the FDA sits flush against the hull where the strip of bolts are. The sponsons have a notch in them and they connect to the upper corners of the bolt strip that runs along on the upper part of the FDA.

Hope this helps.

See my build feature here:

http://armorama.kitmaker.net//features/4455

Brad-M
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 402 posts
Armorama: 393 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 01:12 PM UTC
Hi Dave,

I actually followed your nice build back when you were building it. Nice work. For some reason with mine, part J13 which is the stip that gets attached to the lower front portion of the hull was obstructing the FDA from fitting nicely with the sponsons and the hull. I removed part J13 and the fit is much better. I tried to turn J13 upside down, and it still didn't work, so off it comes permanently

Thanks
Brad
 _GOTOTOP