_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
A day in Normandy diorama
cinacchi
Visit this Community
Agrigento, Italy
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 11:57 PM UTC
What are doing the American officer and the young French Lady on the door of the ruined farmhouse? Why a Sherman is parked there?
Perhaps is just... A Day in Normandy diorama.

If you like to see more pics, you find them on my site:
A Day in Normandy

ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 12:26 AM UTC
Thanks for posting. May I make 3suggestions? 1) your commander's persicope is upside down. What you have protruding from the hatch is the portion that was INSIDE the tank. Only the small wedge lens of the periscope was on the outside. You've glued the wrong part sticking up. 2) a smaller issue: the track chevrons are backwards. On you M4A4, the chevrons shuld look like a "V" when looking at them from the front. 3) Please look at the instructions about the gun's mantlet. You've glued on extra lift rings and all sorts of stuff that seem to be inventive.

Hope these help
cinacchi
Visit this Community
Agrigento, Italy
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 01:32 AM UTC
Of course you can: any note is welcome, also because i more on the painting/weathering side than on the assembling one. I knew about the tracks (i realized it just some days later, lol), but not about the other two mistaken.
Your notes will help to improve the next one (perhaps a Tasca or how they call themself now)
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 01:44 AM UTC
You'll love the Tasca/Asuka Sherman kits Luca. Very little to fix and their parts fit is amazing. Feel free to post in-progress pictures of your models as well. Lots of good feedback to correct errors/omissions is available.

Keep up the good work!
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 01:49 AM UTC
Considering that the building has either been blown up or burnt down it is incredibly clean and with no rubble from it's collapse which makes it look rather odd. Also why are the couple standing in a doorway to a collapsed building. If they'd come from inside the building (which it implies) they'd have had to climb over a pile of rubble and I've never seen a door that opens outwards on a house. Sorry but it just looks odd...
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 02:14 AM UTC
It doesn't look like the uniform the officer is wearing is appropriate for a tank crewman during wartime...unless he isn't a tank crewman, or it is post-war. He, and his lady companion, are from the same MB figure set. A better choice would be to replace him with a suitably grungy-looking tanker figure, of which there are many. As for the tracks, there are photos of sections of replaced track occasionally put on in reverse, but I doubt that an entire track would be backwards.
cinacchi
Visit this Community
Agrigento, Italy
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 02:16 AM UTC
Indded your notes can be true Karl.
There are some rubbles inside (if you look all the photos in the gallery): some piece of woods, but perhpas not enough. Maybe somebody already entered earlier and cleaned a little the house from most of the ruins, to help the officer and the lady (and perhaps other people before, ahahah) to have some privacy?
We don't know... I will try to ask to the couple and i will leave you know what they say
 _GOTOTOP