_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Help needed: any hobby shops in Dusseldorf?
helkaissy
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 244 posts
Armorama: 180 posts
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 - 03:55 AM UTC
Dear All,
I will be travelling soon to Dusseldorf in Germany and was wondering if anyone would know any modeling hobby shops there?
I tried online but all i found are train modeling and RC model shops
Hope that someone might help

Thanks in Advance
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
KitMaker: 2,315 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 - 04:01 AM UTC
Going to the K???
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 - 08:38 AM UTC
If you are somewhat mobile King Models is in Essen that is less than 40km and with a decend to good train link. It is a quite huge shop, look at their website for internal pictures. Just bring cash, the store does not do ecash (but a ATM is near)

Iirc one of the railroad shops, the one on the Friederichsstrasse in Düsseldorf also carries plastic kits, at least it did a few years ago.

Most plastic shops are add ons to railroad modelling etc. There is a shop in Cologne as well thst is a mixed one iirc Lindenberg

Depending on when you get to germany I might have a chance to check the shop in Düsseldorf since it is near my favorit book store the Sternverlag.
helkaissy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 - 10:00 AM UTC
Thanks mmeier for the valuable information, as i am a beginner modeler i am looking to buy my first Airbrush and small compressor, so far i have been painting manually so i found the store you mentioned in Koln called "modellparadies" and the other one "king model" in Essen but i only have time to visit one shop so which one would you recommend visiting?
helkaissy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 - 10:03 AM UTC
I am going to be there from Friday till Tuesday
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 02:53 AM UTC
I never visited the shop in Cologne, I was just told it exists and is good by a fellow modeller. The two times I tried to go there it was "too late" (Traffic jam) and "wrong week" (pope visit) and since changing jobs Cologne is not the town I visit regularly

The King Models shop I have visited quite a few times. But I never looked for airbrush equipment since I ordered mine from Amazon.

So I do not know if either shop carries the stuff.
 _GOTOTOP