_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
KrAZ-214B AKA the MONSTER truck!
bronzey
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 300 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 - 09:13 AM UTC
Hello guys!

So I have Roden's kit of KrAZ-214B and decided to have a crack at it, anyone who is planning on the same, you better be ready for a stressful build, the whole build has been plagued with silly little problems, most around the instructions being wrong or changing between pictures, just really silly things, all can be solved with abit of clear thinking though. Also, the bed of the truck has alot of injection marks on it, aside from that its well detailed. So here are the pictures, build is complete and painting to start tomorrow!

What I havnt mentioned is that I broke a clear plastic part when doing the cab window, with a lack of clear parts in my spares I cut up what wasn't broke and made one window rolled half down and the other 'smashed', Hope this works!

And if anyone wondered why I called this a monster truck, just take a look at the size of her next to my landy!

Sorry about the pictures, taken on my phone! All comments welcome guys!

Bronzey
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 - 09:26 AM UTC
Looks very nice. Thanks for posting.
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 - 12:55 AM UTC
Ok im at a loss, I have Russian green for the outside but what about inside the cab? Any ideas? Google didnt turn up anything for me so any help is great help!

Bronzey
hofpig
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,330 posts
Armorama: 1,017 posts
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 - 01:50 AM UTC
Alex,

I have been looking for the same thing for a 255b, all I could find was a pic labled as being a Tatra 1957 radio truck that seemed to be the same as the outer colour. As it was a restored truck it is hard to tell if this is right but it may be the best option.

Paul
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 - 01:57 AM UTC
Paul,

Yh I been thinking about it, these would of been mass made same sorta way of a car, only lacking trim, figured I would go with the Russian green and pick out gear sticks etc black with a dry brush of metal sliver to show they are worn down, maybe tan colour for the seats, think its going to be a case of doing what looks 'natural'

Bronzey
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 - 04:38 AM UTC
All the photos I could find showed the same color, inside and out. Saves time.
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 - 05:58 PM UTC
Ok so I primed and rust coated the outside but thought I would share the inside details, hasn't been weathered yet and still needs a touch up here and there but I did it in the same Russian green that im going to put outside, as always comments welcome!

Bronzey
 _GOTOTOP